Very low speed over 5ghz with Archer T6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-04 01:27:15
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

i just bought an Archer T6E AC1300 for connecting to my 5ghz wifi at home.
I expected to replace my usb adapter for a PCI-E one, but something odd is happening: download speed is 28/30 megabyte p/s with the usb adapter, and 6 megabyte p/s with the Archer T6E. I have a 500 megabit optical fiber connection in my home.

I'm using the latest TP-link drivers, Archer T6E_V1_151105

i found out on the internet that i'm not the only one experiencing this problem, but i'm not able to find any solution so far.

Anyone has any idea about what could be the issue?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Very low speed over 5ghz with Archer T6E
2020-03-04 07:27:25

@Mith84 

What is the operating system of your computer? And what is the download/upload speed you can get with your laptop? Please check the wireless negotiation speed at the same time. Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Have you ever tried to change another PCI-e slot? Or reinstall the driver? 

How far away between the main router and your laptop? Try to move it closer to the main router and you can change the wireless settings of the main router to improve its performance. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-04 08:59:29 - last edited 2020-03-04 08:59:55

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply

My OS is Win 10 Pro 64bit

Download / upload speeds are roughly 60mbits

As a matter of fact i can reach roughly 25-30 megabytes speed with my laptop and also with an usb adapter in the very same pc where i've installed the Archer T6E

I've already tried reinstalling the TP-link driver, also i'm using the TP-link support software for managing the connection.

I also tried another PCI-e slot but with no effect.

The router is roughly 5-6m away from the PC. signal is dubbed "Fair", roughly 40-50% (with an usb adapter, same distance, i get around 80%...)

i've tried anyway to move the pc closer to the router, obtaining roughly 80% coverage but the outcome was the same.

When i'm going back home i'll check the wireless negotiation speed

Thanks!

Options
2020-03-05 08:39:43

@Kevin_Z 

Wireless negotiation speed is 156 mbs with my usb adapter, around 117mbs with archer T6E

Options
2020-03-11 02:54:11

@Mith84 

Hello, thanks for the info.

In this case, you can change the router's 5G channel to 36,40 or 44, change the channel width to 80Mhz, then test the speed again. 

If it still slow, uninstall the driver on the PC, click here to download the new one, then turn off the firewall and antivirus and install the driver manually.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

If you have another computer, you can also use the adapter there to do the comparison.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3576

Replies: 4