Connecting to Router connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-04 10:01:39
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I wonder if someone could help.

I have a NAS in my home and I'm struggling to connect to it from any device that is connected to the mesh wifi. However if I use my homeplugs this isn't an issue.

The way I have this configured is as follows:

1) Internet comes in to a VDSL Modem and connects to a D-Link WiFi Router

2) Deco P9 is wired into the D-Link and operates in Access Point mode

3) QNAP NAS is connected to a small switch (which includes my TV, Satellite etc.) and that switch is wired directly to the D-Link router. 

I also have one of the ports connected to a set of homeplugs so I can connect it to an outdoor office. I can connect perfectly fine to the NAS from my office just not from the WiFi in the house, or if my laptop in the office connects to the WiFi also I can't see it.

Any ideas of how I can connect to the NAS from the WiFi? If I connect to the router WiFi it's not a problem but the device where I need to access the NAS currently can only connect via the mesh WiFi because of distance from the D-Link.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting to Router connected devices
2020-03-05 01:39:25

@mjwndave 

Thanks for your information. So the current network diagram is :

VDSL modem--D-Link wifi router--Deco P9 ( AP mode)

--Switch--NAS

What about the HomePlug? Do you connect it to the switch directly or the D-Link wifi router? 

With your computer connected to the Deco P9, please click here to get the IP address and gateway. First, please confirm whether it is the same subnet as the NAS, then try to ping the IP address of the NAS from your computer which connected to the P9.

Note: Please show us the ping results. 

Besides, you can connect the NAS directly to the Deco P9 and verify whether it can be connected. 

Good day. 

Options