Archer C5400X - Windows 10 machines unable to ping NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-04 15:23:43 - last edited 2020-03-05 01:32:47
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I just bought the router and replaced my old Archer AC1750 with the Archer C5400X. The issue is the Windows 10 machines on the LAN can not see my QNAP NAS with the new router. The other non-Windows 10 machines can see and ping the QNAP NAS without any issue. Oddly there was no problem on the older AC1750 router, and if I hook it back up everything works fine. This leads me to believe this maybe a problem in the new router settings somewhere.

My current network configuration:

Gigabit LAN ports:

- Two servers running Windows Server 2016

- One server running Windows Server 2019

- One QNAP NAS connected with link aggregation

Wireless:

- 3 Windows 10 machines

- 3 Chromecasts

- 1 Roku

- Maybe 6 phones and tablets

When I try to ping the NAS with the Windows 10 machines I just get destination unreachable. All the machines are on the same subnet and in the same IP range, I have tried disabling the firewalls on the Windows 10 machines, I have also verified none of the machines are on the NAS's blocked list. So at this point I am at a bit of a loss as to what is going on any why the traffic is being blocked. If anyone has encoutered this or has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

I really like the TP-Link products and would prefer not to have to take it back and get something else.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X - Windows 10 machines unable to ping NAS
2020-03-05 06:43:59
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 1

Related Articles