Archer C5400X - Windows 10 machines unable to ping NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-04 20:03:13
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I just bought the router and replaced my old Archer AC1750 with the Archer C5400X. The issue is the Windows 10 machines on the LAN can not see my QNAP NAS with the new router. The other non-Windows 10 machines can see and ping the QNAP NAS without any issue. Oddly there was no problem on the older AC1750 router, and if I hook it back up everything works fine. This leads me to believe this maybe a problem in the new router settings somewhere.

My current network configuration:

Gigabit LAN ports:

- Two servers running Windows Server 2016

- One server running Windows Server 2019

- One QNAP NAS connected with link aggregation

Wireless:

- 3 Windows 10 machines

- 3 Chromecasts

- 1 Roku

- Maybe 6 phones and tablets

When I try to ping the NAS with the Windows 10 machines I just get destination unreachable. All the machines are on the same subnet and in the same IP range, I have tried disabling the firewalls on the Windows 10 machines, I have also verified none of the machines are on the NAS's blocked list. All the Windows 10 machines have their network type set to private network. So at this point I am at a bit of a loss as to what is going on any why the traffic is being blocked. If anyone has encoutered this or has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

I really like the TP-Link products and would prefer not to have to take it back and get something else.

Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X - Windows 10 machines unable to ping NAS
2020-03-05 03:51:03

@Lancing 

Try to restart the Windows 10 machines after disabling firewall and antivirus. 

Can Windows 10 machines ping each other? Besides, you can ping the Windows 10 machine from a local device, like tablet or cellphone. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-05 04:57:23 - last edited 2020-03-05 05:25:36

Kevin_Z wrote

@Lancing 

Try to restart the Windows 10 machines after disabling firewall and antivirus. 

Can Windows 10 machines ping each other? Besides, you can ping the Windows 10 machine from a local device, like tablet or cellphone. 

Good day. 

@Kevin_Z 

I have tried disabling both the firewall and Windows Defender. Neither had any effect.

The Windows 10 machines can ping any of the other Windows machines. I was also able to ping my tablet.

The problem seems to just be specific between the Windows 10 machines and the QNAP NAS. Both the Windows Server 2016 and 2019 machines can see and communicate with the QNAP NAS though.

So I just did a test. I disabled link aggregation and the Windows 10 machines can now see and communicate with the NAS. As soon as I turn it back on (802.3ad dynamic) they are unable to see it again. Though the rest of the network has no issue talking to it.

So this appears to be a specific problem with Windows 10 machines communicating with something connected via link aggregation to the router. I am going to play with it a little more but if I can't resolve it by Friday I am going to have to return it for a different router as the implementation of link aggregation on the C5400X appears to be buggy.

Options
2020-03-05 06:42:30

@Lancing 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

Could you please show us the screenshot of the link aggregation settings page on the QNAP NAS? 

And what about the OS version of the three Windows 10 machines? 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-05 13:24:41

Kevin_Z wrote

@Lancing 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

Could you please show us the screenshot of the link aggregation settings page on the QNAP NAS? 

And what about the OS version of the three Windows 10 machines? 

Thanks a lot. 

@Kevin_Z 

Not a problem. Screenshots of both a Windows 10 laptop and the QNAP TS-431P configurations attached.

Options
2020-03-06 07:24:57

@Lancing 

Thanks for your reply. I found that you have raised a support email, to help you locate this issue and figure it out, our engineer will email you. 

Please get in touch with him. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1464

Replies: 5

Related Articles