keep getting resolving host

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-06 13:41:46
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20190822 rel.26396(4555)

Ok, I'm at a loss here as I cannot get any scence out of live support as asked the same question 3 times and repeating myself getting knowhere. Terribleangry First of all. I have a Virgin Hub.3 & Purchased an AX6000 WiFi router. All installed as per instructions but one question I have is. When having attached the AX6000 to my virgin hub3. Do I switch my Virgin Hub3 over as a modem? I have noticed since adding the AX6000 which was highly recommended that things like wifi have improved greatly. But, after using for a few days I suddenly keep getting resolving host intermitently when trying to open a web page which takes a little while to open. PC is hard wired so don't understand this. When turning on PC for firt time each time, the page open instant. then after a short time, then slow & I keep getting resolving host. how to fix this please. that's all I ask, honest.

Tonybell
Options
3 Reply
Re:keep getting resolving host
2020-03-09 06:48:09

@Tonybell 

First, you can switch the VM hub to be a modem, so the Archer AX6000 will be the main router, no double NAT anymore. 

As for the second issue, first our router does not support resolving hostnames; and even if it supports, with the hostnames stored, it should be faster when you access some of them, not being slower. And usually, the computer supports this kind of "cache", which speed it up. 

Back to your case, you can switch the VM hub to bridge mode first and then enable QoS for  your device to give it a go. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-09 11:56:00

@Tonybell thank you. will give it all ago

Tonybell
Options
2020-03-10 06:22:23

@Tonybell 

Definitely sure, take your time. 

Options