Good Faster Fibre speeds on Ethernet connection but wire less connection bad.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-06 20:53:53 - last edited 2020-03-06 20:55:07

I'm looking for information on the type of signal booster or extender to help improve my signal when I'm not connected to the router by Ethernet cable.  A wired connection results in a stable speed of 72Mbps but using the same laptop on wireless the speed usyally drops to around 28, even as slow as 11Mbps. What type of booster or extender do I need and is there likely to be a compatibility problem with any router. I saw the below items on Amazon and wonder if they are type of accessories that would help.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RE220-Universal-Extender-Broadband-Indicator/dp/B07ZWBBPQN/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=T+P+linkwireless+signal+booster+extender&qid=1583524291&sr=8-2-spell

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RE220-Universal-Extender-Broadband-Indicator/dp/B07ZWBBPQN/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=T+P+linkwireless+signal+booster+extender&qid=1583524291&sr=8-2-spell

Options
1 Reply
Re:Good Faster Fibre speeds on Ethernet connection but wire less connection bad.
2020-03-09 08:13:09

@Sniper999 

Hello, the range extender can be used to boost wifi signal. You can choose one of them to enlarge the wifi coverage area.

From the link attached, there are 4 devices included. They are RE300, RE220, TL-WA860RE, TL-WA850RE. The first two are dual-band extenders, the last two are single-band. There is no ethernet port on the RE300. RE220 is a good choice. 

But the actual performance of the extender is more depending on the actual network environment, such as distance, obstacles, interferences. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 1

Related Articles