ax10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ax10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ax10
ax10
2020-03-08 07:06:07 - last edited 2020-03-08 07:07:28
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: AX10_US_V1_191115

when i connect with 2.4ghz 1-3m only 5hhz can up to 100m+/- 

Smart Connect all keep at 2.4

ady try restore same !

Options
5 Reply
Re:ax10
2020-03-09 03:20:32

@Ken_Ang 

Hello, what is the model number of your router? Is it Archer AX10 or Archer AX1500? 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? 

With a computer connected to the 2.4GHz, what is the actual speed you can get and click here to get the wireless negotiation speed as well. 

Try to customize the wireless settings of 2.4GHz to give it a go, including wireless channel and channel width. Besides, you can disable smart connect as well. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-09 09:19:03

@Kevin_Z 
ax10 tpl link 
my laptop ax200
my i pad phone an other all have 5ghz but when open smart all keep at 2.4
an 2.4ghz keep at below 10m 5ghz can up to 100m +

Options
2020-03-10 02:31:27

@Ken_Ang 

Hi, could you please provide the information we need?

And have you ever changed the wifi settings? Does it work? 

If it is more convenient for you to describe in Chinese, that is okay. We can speak Chinese. 

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-16 13:55:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hey!

I have - or at least I think - the same problem with my AX10. 

Firmware Version:

1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(4555)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX10 v1.0

After the latest update, the 2.4Ghz band slowed down very much. I get 3-400Mbps on 5Ghz, 6-700 on Ethernet, but 2.4Ghz sometimes drops to 20-60Mbps. I tried a few settings already, manually changing the channel, the channel width and also disabling 802.11/b/g. It did help, but only a bit, and the speed fluctuates a lot. The connected clients, the location and the ISP did not change recently. 

On a different note, which might actually be my ISP's problem; whenever I restart the router, the PPPoE connection is not reconnecting. I have to go into the advanced settings, disconnect manually, change the MAC address of the router, and reconnect manually. 

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Andras

Options
2020-10-19 05:49:00

@AndrasTigyi 

Hello, sorry to hear the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. How did you test this Wi-Fi speed via the router? Did you disconnect all the other devices from it and only leave one laptop or phone performing the test? It is suggested to change a new 2.4GHz SSID and password and connect only one phone or laptop to perform the speedtest 3 times.

2. How about the 2.4GHz wireless negotiation speed on that device? If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try another wireless device with more powerful wireless cards.

3. Please simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX10 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz and 5GHz is 80MHz. Here is the guide to modify the wireless settings on the router:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

4. Please disable QoS on the AX10 (if there is one) or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

BTW, what is the bandwidth provided by your ISP?

Additionally, please refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1010

Replies: 5

Related Articles