Archer C6 - FW update (Now can´t open "Wireless Settings" menu)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-08 10:36:20 - last edited 2020-03-09 05:45:56
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20200110 rel.60119(4555)

I purchased C6 from Estonia and everything was working good. I today checked the firmware menu and it was showing an update is available. 

I always keep my devices up to date so i did the online upgrade and it was successful. Router did the restart and i logged in again. Problem is that now the Wireless Settings menu will not open up - it just freezes up the whole thing. All other settings and menus seemed to work and can configure but every time i press the Wireless Settings then the setup freezes up and the loading logo will spin forever. 

I also made a backup before an update and i tried to load that backup file but that did not help at all. 

Next i tried to search for a firmware from TL-Link website and manually revert it. I downloaded firmware file - unpacked it and tried to upgrade but screen says "Invalid file type". 

I know there is files for different region and i choosed Europe (Baltic). Under my router it says that it is V2 and EU version on the label. Why the file still says Invalid????

The router is still under warranty from shop and if no support will figure out the problem i will take it back. I did everything right and the firmware update was done by the Online upgrade service itself. 

No i did not picture up the firmware version that was the old one before the update was done... i dont know what the original was.  But i do have backup file before the update was done if that is needed. 

The only thing i can think of is that the upgrade service choosed some wrong country firmware file and flashed it over an EU version. Because there is no EU labeled on the firmware that it is running now. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 - FW update (Now can´t open "Wireless Settings" menu)-Solution
2020-03-08 19:18:44 - last edited 2020-03-09 05:45:56

@wermecher 

Ok i figured out the problem myself. 

* I was able to find correct EU firmwares from website this time (Baltic EU). I tried to flash older firmware and this time without problems but still wireless settings was crashing. 

I FIXED the issue by factory restore the whole router settings. Also before that i flashed the newest version back and then made the FACTORY RESTORE and reconfigured the whole thing up again. Now the wireless settings worked again. It was still some kind of a bug.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C6 - FW update (Now can´t open "Wireless Settings" menu)-Solution
2020-03-08 19:18:44 - last edited 2020-03-09 05:45:56

@wermecher 

Ok i figured out the problem myself. 

* I was able to find correct EU firmwares from website this time (Baltic EU). I tried to flash older firmware and this time without problems but still wireless settings was crashing. 

I FIXED the issue by factory restore the whole router settings. Also before that i flashed the newest version back and then made the FACTORY RESTORE and reconfigured the whole thing up again. Now the wireless settings worked again. It was still some kind of a bug.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C6 - FW update (Now can´t open "Wireless Settings" menu)
2020-03-09 05:45:50

@wermecher 

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that you figured it out. 

Generally speaking, firmware upgrade won't affect the performance of wireless settings. You customers can change another web browser or another device to access the web UI-wireless settings if you have the similar issue. 

Besides, you can reboot the router; if neither of these suggestions works, you can give it a hard reset. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-25 19:46:30

The same problem here. I recently bought C6 v2 and can't open Wireless Settings in Ap Operation Mode. I tried different firmware versions with no luck. The original firrwmare i had has been working fine, i can't downgrade to it since there's a note on the Firmware page:

"2. As we have added new functions in this version of firmware, once you have upgraded to this firmware, you will not be able to downgrade to the old one."

Please fix this bug, it makes the AP mode useless.

Options
2020-03-31 12:10:39

@wermecher 

I have the same problem with my Archer C6 EU V2. It was working with the previous firmware, and I tried to upgrade the firmware to the newest version (ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-2-1-P1[20200110-rel60119]). Since then :

• the wireless settings page freezes (with the loading logo spining forever)
  • the quick setup page freezes also

I tried to :

• factory restore the router
  • downgrade to the oldest firmware I found (ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-1-0-P1[20190115-rel71848]), but got and error message "Invalid file"
  • downgrade to the previous one (ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-2-0-P1[20191014-rel33289])
  • return to the latest firmware (ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-2-1-P1[20200110-rel60119])

But it didn't solve my problem. I don't know what to do now...

Options
2020-03-31 12:18:48
The problem seems to appear only with Firefox. I works fine with Edge or IE.
Options
2020-04-18 11:01:34
I had the same issue with Chrome. Clear cookies solve problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2505

Replies: 6