No way to change any parameter of any device in Deco App with Deco M5 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-08 19:15:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi,

I cannot change anymore device name, or priority network of the device, or using mesh or not, and so on. It keeps the change 1 sec. and revert back.

I tried to wipe date of the app, to deconnect/reconnect on my TPLINK account, on several devices, from different pages in the app, identify smart devices as suggested in a post here... No way !

Does anyone has a proposal ?

I have not yet delete the network and start from scratch because of the work it will provoke donstream.

Options
5 Reply
Re:No way to change any parameter of any device in Deco App with Deco M5 network
2020-03-08 21:17:40

@LuluLink 

might consider updating from the firmware version you use (1.3.1) to the most current one (1.4.2).

the app description used to state that in order to properly use the app you need to ensure you have the latest firmware releases (or something to that end).

Options
Re:No way to change any parameter of any device in Deco App with Deco M5 network
2020-03-08 22:15:43 - last edited 2020-03-08 22:20:20

Thanks for the reply. Surprisingly, or may be because I have hardware (EU) V1.0, Android App. et Web GUI only propose to me the actual version 1.3.1.

On TP-Link website support, hardware (EU) V1 looks several updates behing (US) V3 hardware : July 2019 vs January 2020.

Options
2020-03-09 01:56:59

@LuluLink 

Hello, the 1.4.2 is the firmware released for those customers who had updated the 1.4.0 firmware, which fixed some minor bugs. Now the 1.3.1 is the latest one, and newer firmware will come soon. 

Back to your issue, have you ever tried to reboot the Deco and your devices? 

Try to connect the main Deco to the modem only with other satellite units off. 

Besides, if it is still the same, please shot a short video and send it to us.

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-09 20:36:08 - last edited 2020-03-09 20:41:43

@Kevin_Z 

Of course I tried to reboot Decos, first from the App, later from the web GUI, the three of them.

I have just tried as you suggest to let connected only the router Deco with no better result.

I am afraid that I will have no option other than start again from scratch. I only hope the issue will not remain.

I skip the video step as the problem is simple : every change in any device parameters page will be visible 1 sec before coming back to previous value (name, high priority lever, and so on). The same in the Deco device page where you can change using mesh lever of any connected device in one page. Sometimes it writes a message such as (my version is in French) : "Impossible to save your settings. Please try later".

Options
2020-03-09 21:59:49

@Kevin_Z 

does this mean that 1.3.1 is more "advanced" than 1.4.2? or was there a branch split and these two versions are now the same?

I am asking because you wrote : "Now the 1.3.1 is the latest one"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1145

Replies: 5