incorrect password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

incorrect password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
incorrect password
incorrect password
2020-03-09 12:38:56
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

email address used for account needs to be changed.  have unbound account and can now not log in to change email address as router tells me password is incorrect.  this has happened 7times i do not want to be locked out of the router.  

i am unable to give firmware version as this was updated today and am unable to log in.

How can I resolve without to many problems.

Options
2 Reply
Re:incorrect password
2020-03-10 05:34:47

@tcuk 

You need to log into the web UI with the local credentials after you unbound the cloud account, it is admin by default. 

If it still does not work, you can hard reset it by holding the reset button for 10s with it powered on.

And then you can create a new account and bind your router to this account. 

May it help. 

Options
Re:incorrect password
2020-03-10 08:47:19
Hi I followed your advice and am now able to use the online management tools. For those who set up systems and insist that an email address is used as username etc “Please reconsider”. What happens when that email has been hacked / placed in the dark web through no fault of the owner. When you need to change it is a nightmare. Thanks for your reply again apologies for the “rant”
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 940

Replies: 2

Related Articles