M9 very slow uploadspeed .

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-10 11:13:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 build 20190926

Hi. I use two M9. First one, connected to modem.  i have an ethernet cable from first m9 to a switch. I have two computers in same room connected with cable. I noticed today when doing a speedtest that i have 450mb download and about 3mb upload? I have switched cables and also i plugged in from modem direct to computer and i gott 480mb download and 99mb upload. Wifi works 100%. How come it suddenly do this? From beginning it worked fine.  Can there be someting wrong with m9? I have not changed any settings!

Mats

Options
5 Reply
Re:M9 very slow uploadspeed .
2020-03-11 01:51:27

@MasseN 

Please provide the information below so that we can do further analysis and try to figure it out. 

1. The speed you can get from the main Deco directly with computer connected to it. 

2. Please do a speed test on the Deco app itself and show us the results. 

3. Please connect the slave Deco to the main Deco, bypass the switch, and then connect your computer to the Slave Deco to run a speed test. 

Please show us all the results. In the meantime, you can switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/ 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-11 04:30:23

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for info! I will try do this on sunday. Now away for work.

Options
2020-03-12 02:04:16

@MasseN 

Okay, take your time to do the tests. Any updates, be free to let us know. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-19 11:20:33

@Kevin_Z  Hi! Very strange but now it just started to work 100%. Now i have 500/100 according to speedtest.  So for now i am happy with the speed👍🏻
Mats

Options
2020-03-19 20:42:47

@MasseN 

I had a very similar problem - spent about an hour with technical support trying to prove the problem with poor upload speeds but it got me nowhere. I was outside my return period with amazon. 

I was running an iPerf3 test and also a network speed test from my Macbook to AppleTV. The TP-Link technical support technician kept saying it was an internet problem which it wasnt because the speedtest was to internal devices running a speed test server so I could test my wifi speed, not broadband speed.

Gave up in the end and just living with it. 

TP link have some great products and ideas - if only it had the tech support and engineers able to fix firmare problems. I wonder if the firmware technicians are hard at work on new products such as Deco X60 rather than looking back at their existing product line. 

You could try turning the QOS to standard, and removing any prioritised devices - this is something that TP-Link regularly say might fix a range of issues.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 5

Related Articles