New Deco X60 won't work out of the box after latest firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-10 19:27:39
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought the new Deco X60 3-unit pack, configured the main unit and both slave units easily. I noticed there was a firmware upgrade available on TP-Link's website for all three units, and began the upgrade. After that, one slave unit stopped working. It won't connect and the reset button does not reset anything anymore. I tried to wire it to the main unit but nothing happens. Extremely disappointed with this issue. I am clueless on what to do now... Looks like I lost a brand new and expensive unit before even start using it.

Options
4 Reply
Re:New Deco X60 won't work out of the box after latest firmware upgrade
2020-03-12 08:50:47

@BernardoH 

You can try to update the firmware once again via the web UI and verify whether it works. 

And what is the current led status of the slave Deco which stopped working after firmware upgrade? 

Options
2020-03-12 15:05:07

@Kevin_Z 

The faulty unit is not on the Deco network, so it doesn't show on the web UI. I have to add it first to the wifi network and then it will show on the tplinkdeco.net, that's the problem, I can't add it through the Deco app on my iPhone because the app can't find it.

Regarding the LED status, it is solid yellow for about 20 seconds when turned on, then flashing blue (like it should), but it doesn't show on the app when I try to add it, like I did the other units. So when I press the 'reset' button, the LED starts flashing yellow forever...

Don't know what to do, tried configuring with the ethernet plugged to the main unit, but same problem... 

Options
2020-03-16 00:57:57

@BernardoH 

Thanks for your reply. 

I confirmed again, and found that there is not much we can do now; to solve your problem, you can contact the retailer or local tech support to get a replacement if qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/ 

Note: Please provide the model number, serial number and invoice when you reach out to the tech support. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-27 09:55:35

@BernardoH I have same problem

Options