Problem reserving IP addresses and adding a description

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-11 12:54:41 - last edited 2020-03-11 17:06:07
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 23/09/19

Hi there, just taken delivery of my new C2300 and setting it up.

I am trying to reserve some IP addresses.

I have set up two addresses and now trying to add a third address.

It says the MAC address is invalid. I have tried various separators but it won't allow me to add it.

The MAC is OK on my old router - value is 01:12:14:1D:F4:7D

Any suggestions appreciated please.

In addition, the help file says I can add a description for each device, but I don't see any field for this?

Am I missing something?

Thank you

Y.

UPDATE:

OOOppss!! My mistake - one bit wrong in MAC address - must not start with the '1' bit set. (The router knows best :)

Question about the Description fiels still stands.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem reserving IP addresses and adding a description
2020-03-12 02:47:33

@Yosemite 

Hello, when you choose to add under Address Reservation page, you will see some information to be filled, including MAC address, IP address and description. 

You can add a description for each device then. 

Note: The specific settings page will change slightly due to different model numbers. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-12 15:10:42

@Yosemite 

Hi Kevin, thanks for your input.

On my router there is no facility to add a description - just the MAC and IP address.

I have the Feb 2020 firmware.

BUT

When I later view the connected devices, there is a facility to add or change the description.

Y.

Options
2020-03-13 03:10:27

@Yosemite 

Thanks for your reply. The web UI settings may vary due to different models/hardware versions; you can edit the description for the connected device as the actual situation. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 3

Related Articles