Cannot connect to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-11 20:18:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set uo my Deco Mesh M5. I connected to the modem and followed the instructions through the app and all appeared to be well. I connected quickly and all the way to where you name the network and set a password, which I did but when I try to connect it states that the internet is not available. I checked with my ISP and the internet is fine and the Router which I have attached is fine so why will the Deco not connect.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to Internet
2020-03-12 01:50:28

@Mac21 

Hello, do you get stuck at "testing internet connection”? If so, try to skip this step and finish the configuration, Then go to Deco app, click more-Advanced-IPV4 , if there is a valid WAN IP existed, you can change the DNS  to 8.8.8.8 to give it a go. 

You can reset the Deco or change another Deco as main unit to reconfigure it. 

If still the same, you can connect the old router to the modem first and connect the Deco to the old router first to make it access internet, then you can connect the computer back to the Deco by wired cable to clone the MAC address, and you can change the internet connection type to the original one from Dynamic IP and connect it directly to the modem. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-14 16:10:03
Thank you Kevin. I will give that a go.
Options
2020-03-16 02:39:04

@Mac21 

Sure, take your time. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4875

Replies: 3

Related Articles