AC1900 Archer C9 questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-12 00:50:30
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi to all in the forum. I am from the US but live in Ecuador. The hardware selection here is very  limited. I am currently using a TP Link WR 940N and am considering upgrading to the Archer C9.  I use this in a home-office environment. Wireless is important but somewhat secondary.  What is important is  ethernet performance for a couple of multi monitor  workstations  that connect to  a fiber modem...I wonder if anyone here could be kind enough to comment on how the Archer C9 does under heavy ethernet workloads..... also recommend  a hardware version to try to find. I have also read reviews on some of the Archer routers having hardware reliability problems on Amazon's reviews and am curious if this is a problem with the C9. Also   I read that third party firmware is available for some of the routers and any help with  which hardware version for that would be appreciated as well.

Many thanks  for the interest and read.

Regards

Expat

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1900 Archer C9 questions
2020-03-16 12:06:05

@expat42451 

Hi Expat, the Archer C9 is a soho wireless router, compared to TL-WR940N, it is stronger; while whether or not it can handle the heavy ethernet workloads, we cannot guarantee that cause it is more affected by the actual network environment. 

You can order one Archer C9 and take some time to test it; Please notice that you need confirm the warranty policy with the retailer before you purchase it, therefore you can return it if it does not satisfy your needs with a certain time of period. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-16 14:23:13

@expat42451 

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the great information reply.  I will consider this.

Regards and have a great day

Expat

Options
2020-03-17 06:18:38

@expat42451 

Hi Expat, thanks for your reply. It is glad to help you. 

Take your time, if need more help in the future, be free to let us know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 3

Related Articles