Unable to connect to tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-12 17:33:03

I am unable to connect to the tether app after I plug in the Ethernet cable. Without hook g the router to the internet, I'm able to access it using tether app, but the moment I connect t the internet cable, the app can't connect to the router anymore. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to tether app
2020-03-13 03:08:17

@Okiedoc 

What is the model number of your device? 

And what is the current network diagram? What do you mean you can connect to the APP with ethernet cable unplugged? Could you please provide more information. 

Options
2020-03-13 23:46:19

@Kevin_Z  

Hi, If I reset the router, unplug the ethernet cable and begin from scratch, the tether app can recognize the router and I can configure the router settings using the tether app. After configuration, and after plugging in the ethernet cable to the router and after internet connection is established, the tether app can no longer detect the router, even if I am directly connected to it. 

My router is a TPlink AC1200 archer A6. Its the same problem with my TPlink archer C6.

My internet layout is as follows.   

Internet..... DSL modem....  ethernet hub switch.... TPlink router Archer A6

Options
2020-03-16 06:00:04

@Okiedoc 

Thanks for your reply. Here are few things to look at: whether you can ping the gateway of Archer C6 from your cellphone; is it the latest APP version? Have you ever tried to reboot the router and cellphone? And you can reinstall the Tether app to give it a go. 

Options
2020-03-17 18:26:39

@Kevin_Z Hi, yes I have already tried everything. Like I said, I can connect to the App in router mode as long as the ethernet cable is not connected. 

Options
2020-12-19 20:26:55

I am having the same issue.  Did you ever solve it?

Options
2020-12-22 09:18:03

@Mikey_D 

Are you using Archer C6 as well? Ensure the router is running the latest firmware, ensure you are using the latest Tether app on your phone.

When you type in the correct TP-Link account password, is there any error message when you are unable to login? Kindly show us the screenshot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1659

Replies: 6

Related Articles