AX50 keeps having wireless problem while LAN connection is ok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-14 04:56:29
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200121 rel.54912

I bought the AX50 a week ago and my nightmare starts. First one I used for a day and kept losing internet connection even with LAN and the device got very hot after ~2hours usage. The retailer replaced a new one for me to try. This one the internet connection with LAN is good. But the wireless connection keeps dropping. Sometime can search the 2.4G and 5G connections, but cannot get IP after connected. Even get the IP, very often the connection is without internet service, but at the time LAN connection is good (just like now I am experiencing). Keep rebooting the device again and again. Sometime I got lucky and I can use the wireless connection for a period then it drops again! Have been calling the support hotline and they tried to help by telling me different settings to try, the problem is still there. I am so disappointed for the poor experience I have with the product.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX50 keeps having wireless problem while LAN connection is ok
2020-03-14 07:32:13

@Croz I have the same problem. I have one laptop dell vostro 5470 (running ubuntu 19.10) with wireless 2.4ghz and this one drops the connection every minute. My other laptop lenovo x1 (running windows 10) with wireless 5ghz sometimes loses the connection... I have not found a pattern. On the other hand my wife's laptop macbook air works fine always.

I hope they fix it ASAP.

Options
2020-03-16 09:45:42

@Croz 

Hi, we can do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue:

1. What is the led status of AX50 when you lost wifi connection?

2. How many devices connect to the AX50? And what are they?

3. Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings, including wireless channel and channel width?

4. When it lost wifi connection, try to login to the web UI of AX50 and show us a screenshot of the status page. And please go to advanced-system tools-system log and save log and send it to us. 

Note: Do not reboot the router before you get the system log.

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-03-17 16:47:18
1. What is the led status of AX50 when you lost wifi connection? All steady green 2. How many devices connect to the AX50? And what are they? Samsung Note 9, Samsung Edge, LG OLED Smart TV, iPad 7th gen, iPhone XS, Playstation, Cable TV (LAN connection) and PC (LAN connection) 3. Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings, including wireless channel and channel width? Followed hotline suggestion: 2.4G -> channel 20MHz, 5G -> channel 157, set to WPA2-PSK and AES, all other settings default 4. When it lost wifi connection, try to login to the web UI of AX50 and show us a screenshot of the status page. And please go to advanced-system tools-system log and save log and send it to us. will try to provide later
Options
2020-03-18 08:44:34

@Croz 

Thanks for your valued reply. Cause the current firmware is up to date, and you have done some troubleshooting but no avail, to help you to figure it out, we would like to follow up your case via email. If it is okay for you, please check your inbox and then our engineer can contact you to do more analysis. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 4

Related Articles