Tplink 740 N V4 , Unable to connect in WDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-14 07:05:40

Hi there, 

I have 2 routers Tenda and Tplink. Tenda as a primary device and Tplink as secondary device.

I have connected Tplink via WDS with Tenda. 

Disabled DHCP

Changed Lan ip

Tplink channel same as Tenda.

After these settings wds was successful and i was able to use wifi but after some days I am unable to connect tplink router as it says connecting and keeps on saying it.

I restored tplink again repeated process and again wds was successful and internet works but after some days again that connecting problem.

Secondary tplink stills connected to tenda as i can see it in connected devices but unable to connect to tplink .

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tplink 740 N V4 , Unable to connect in WDS
2020-03-15 03:24:15
Options
Re:Tplink 740 N V4 , Unable to connect in WDS
2020-03-16 09:01:36

@WajahatAbbasi 

First of all, the wireless connection is affected by a lot of factors, including distance, obstacles and interference. If it is possible, it is suggested to connect the TL-WR740N to the Tenda router by wired cable to boost wifi signal. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

And we can do some troubleshooting on the current issue:

1. When TL-WR740N stops working, with your computer connected to it, what is the IP address and gateway obtained by PC?

2. How far away from each other? Have you ever tried to move it closer to the Tenda router?

3. What about other devices that connect to the Tenda router? Do they have the same issue? 

4. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date, and you can customize the wireless settings of Tenda router to give it a go.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 723

Replies: 2