Has anyone used deco in a vpn?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-15 11:48:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got 2 networks in w different locations and would like to link them using a vpn.

one network is based on a Linksys e2400 router with ddwrt vpn software and at home I have a deco m5.

has anyone managed to link a deco into a vpn?

any pointers very welcome

thanks to anyone replying

Options
2 Reply
Re:Has anyone used deco in a vpn?
2020-03-16 02:54:45

@PDM 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

And may I know why do you want to connect them via VPN?

The Deco does not support VPN feature yet, it supports VPN passthrough only, you can setup VPN server on Linksys router and connect the devices behind Deco to the VPN server. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Has anyone used deco in a vpn?
2020-03-18 18:57:44

@Kevin_Z 

The network I want to establish is like this

What I'm attempting to do is send network traffic from the Linksys which is in portugal to the internet via virginmedia. This would mean I could access services like iplayer and avoid all ads on bbc website and portuguese ads on all other sites I access whilst in portugal. I could also get to my media server which is behind the virgin smarthub.

Hope that makes some sense.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 2

Related Articles