AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
78 Reply
Re:AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly
2020-10-23 02:36:43

@zuputoto 

Hello, the auto-reboot issue has been fixed on the latest 1.0.5 version, please ensure you are running the latest version, you may try to reset it to the factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch to confirm again.

Thanks.

Options
2020-11-03 01:52:44 - last edited 2020-11-03 04:02:53

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I started having router reboots constantly now. I am on AX10. I have tried to install the 1.05 version in the thread but because the router is already updated to the latest version, it will not let me install this using 'upgrade firmware' version. I am not using any VPN nor do I have any IOS devices connected. I have 1 device connected to 5G and 2 connected to 2.4G

I have tried rebooting it multiple times, reset but nothing seems to be working. Can you help? I have bought this router 1.5 months ago and it was working fine until today.

Firmware Version :
1.1.0 Build 20200908 Rel. 42617(5553)

Hardware Version :
Archer AX10 v1.20

EDIT:
I also wanted to clarify that the router is constantly FACTORY RESETTING. I have to create new password, set location and time and set up wifi passwords over and over. All the settings are set to default. (Too lazy to even change wifi password from the default that it comes with now.)
This is very frustrating. My router has been working fine until today and nothing has been changed.
Options
2020-11-04 05:51:14

@ChocolateCake 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up again, we would like to confirm some details and will help you figure it out:
When the AX10 restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 
May I have your network layout, how is the AX10 connected in your network?
Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the AX10 WAN or PPPoE? 
Are there only 3 devices connected to AX10? 
Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the AX10 to restart? 
Is it the original power adapter on the AX10? If possible, you may try with another power adapter with the same specifications.

Good day.

Options
2020-11-17 20:13:50 - last edited 2020-11-17 20:25:05

Model: AX1500

Firmware: 1.1.0 Build 20200908 Rel. 42729(5553)

I've been experiencing the same issue since I got the AX1500 several months ago. The router reboots multiple times a day for no apparent rhyme or reason. Everyone in my house streams at the same time from a 250 Mbps WAN connection via multiple 5GHz Rokus, so it's quite annoying when SlingTV abruptly stops and exits a couple times a day. Sometimes, although rare, it freezes up so hard that you need to physically cycle the power to the router before it starts broadcasting a signal and accepting network connections again.

One suggestion I saw was to disable the 2.4 GHz network and upgrade to 5 GHz devices. Doing so didn't solve the problem at all.

Another has been to factory reset, but this only temporarily solves the problem for a few days (if at all). My last factory reset was a few days ago.

It could be the same issue reported elsewhere that downloading faster than 20 MB/s causes it to reboot.

And yes, the router goes through a complete reboot before the LAN is restored. The lights turn off, Ethernet and WiFi connections are dropped, and it takes about a minute or two before it's back.

Options
2020-11-18 21:28:29 - last edited 2020-11-18 21:38:35

I have the same problem with my AX50 v1.0 firmware 1.0.9

The router randomly reboots at different time of the day. Approximatly 1-2 times a day.

I had a AC7 just before and never had a problem.

I tried a lot of thing:

- It was wall mount so I reverse the wall mount so the top of the router was facing the wall. (Should help for the air flow but it was not crazy hot just warm)

- I reduce Transmit power of wireless to Low.

- Reboot the router every day at 4:00am 

- Connected it directly to my UPS battery instead of using a power bar

- Disable Smart Connect

- Next thing should be placing a fan near it to make sure it's not heat related, even if I don't think that's the problem.

- Since it's out of warranty maybe remove the heatsink and reapply thermalpaste. (If the fan trick works)

After that Im done with tplink router going to try asus.

Any other suggestion I could try is welcome.

Options
2020-11-20 07:09:04

@mmstick76 

Hello, sorry to hear that.

Can you please confirm if the router feels hot when it reboots? Where is it located? Try to put it in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air if the router feels hot, or use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine.

Another suggestion is setting the Wi-Fi Transmit Power to low/middle (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps with the reboot. 

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-20 07:18:19

@Martbob 

Hello, sorry to hear that you also encounter the reboot issue with the AX50.

Please kindly try to use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine, then monitor again if it still reboots.

It is also suggested resetting the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, leave all the advanced settings by default and only build up the internet connection on it, then monitor again.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-21 22:46:45

@Kevin_Z 

It is not warm when it reboots or freezes. I just had to cycle power to it right now and the lights were on, but there was no signal from Ethernet or WiFi.

It is located in a hallway, with no obstructions around it. It remains cold to the touch, especially since it's winter here in Denver.

Options
2020-11-23 03:41:21

@mmstick76 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Good day.

Options
2020-11-26 09:52:15

Hello all,

the same problem

Firmware Version :
1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(4555)
Hardware Version :
Archer AX10 v1.0

i have this router for about few weeks,

today i saw 3 times self reboot,