AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
78 Reply
Re:AX10/AX1500 router keeps reboot randomly
2020-11-26 10:51:41

@Czechu 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

How long does this auto-reboot process take? During the reboot, no device can detect its wireless signal?

May I have your network layout, how is the AX10 connected to your network? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again.

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

How many devices are connected to AX10? What are they? Is there any new device connected to the AX10 network recently when it begins to reboot? Or did you upgrade any system in the network before this issue happen?

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the AX10 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls? 

Is it the original power adapter on the AX10? Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable? Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

Please attempt the below to observe the outcome if the router feels hot:
1. Put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air, and use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine.
2. Set the Wi-Fi Transmit Power to low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps with the reboot.
3. Turn the Wi-Fi off completely and feel the difference in the heat output.

Do reply to let the community know.

Options
2020-11-26 17:06:50 - last edited 2020-11-26 17:07:35

@Kevin_Z 

hello,

- auto reboot takes about 1 or 2 minutes, as normal power on process as i think

- during the reboot, no device can detect its wireless signal

- no connection on lan

- no ping to router

- router is new (about 3 weeks)

- power is stable

- router is in good ventilation place on a desk,

- have an original power adapter connected,

- i don't have any range extenders

- router is connected on WAN to distribution switch in my apartment building

- i'm the ISP company

when the reboots occured my Wife and my Son was on-line at MS Teams,

one notebook connected via lan, other via wifi.

my mobile via wifi

there was three reboots: reboot - few minutes normal working - reboot - few minutes normal working - reboot

after third reboot i connected my old ASUS RT-N18U as is rock stable.

PS: wireless schedule feature doesn't work on this AX10 router.

Options
2020-11-27 01:05:04

@Czechu 

Hello,

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.  

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-11-27 13:05:48 - last edited 2020-11-27 14:11:52

@Kevin_Z 

Follow up on the same problem with a AX50.

I have recently disable Smart Connect and I also downgraded the firmware to version 1.0.8 from 1.0.9

Im now on a 4 day streak of no reboot. I assume the firmware downgrade did the trick. I will re-enable the Smart Connect in a few day to make sure it's only the firmware the problem.

When the router reboots it's not very hot I would say warm I can put my hand on it no problem for a long time. Probably 40-50 degree celcius.

It's wall mounted the top facing the wall for maximum airflow.

Really think there is a problem with the firmware 1.0.9

Options
2020-11-30 01:36:09

@Martbob 

Thanks a lot for this issue testing. Please kindly let us know if the issue disappears when enabling the Smart Connect, good day.

Options
2020-11-30 18:53:15

@Kevin_Z 

Follow up on AX50 problem.

After re-enabling Smart Connect I got some weird behaviour with my phone disconnecting randomly but the router did not restart. I will disable Smart connect since it doesn't had much I think. Still on 1.0.8. I don't really see the point of going to 1.0.9 if 1.0.8 fix is for me. I'll make sure everything is stable again with that config for a couple of week. You can reply to this if it's been too long. I may forget.

Options
2020-12-01 06:08:58

@Martbob 

Thank you very much for your testing and feedback. You may disable the Smart Connect if there is no much need for it in the network, then confirm the stability again.

Good day.

Options
2021-02-03 02:59:49

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

I have the same AX50 (bought less than 2 months) and facing the same problem after upgraded to version 1.0.9. I did downgrade firmware to 1.0.8 yesterday and today it doesn't reboot but hang. I tried connect directly with LAN cable and got IP assigned but when I ping to the router, it doesn't reply. The lights for the for the power, WiFi and Internet are on and no one in orange colour. I suspect the network service itself is hang when run for more than 4 hours. 

I also place a 12inch fan under the router to make it cool as previously is very hot. Perhaps TP-Link engineer should seriously look into the firmware design especially 1.0.9 got random reboot even though the WiFi power throughput has set to low and many other services are disabled.

Options
2021-02-03 03:42:27

@BCLee 

Did you try disabling SmartConnect feature?

Options
2021-02-04 01:09:32

@Martbob 

Hi Martbob,

Never enable this since the beginning.

Options
Related Articles