Deco P9: internet keeps dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-16 09:54:59
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hi, 

This weekend I set up a 3-unit Deco P9 wifi network in my home (one on each different floor).

The Main Deco runs in Router mode, connected to the internet modem provided by the Cable company.

When the network is up, connection and speed is excellent on all floors.

However, connections keep disappearing every 10-30 minutes. It seems to be more frequent on the non-Main Deco units.

(Over the course of writing this post I've had to reconnect my laptop twice already).

When it happens the status light on the Deco is normal (white, non blinking).

But the Deco app often indicates that one the Decos could not be found.

After refreshing the app screen it always seems to correct itself a minute later.

I've seen other posts on this forum with similar issues. Has a consistent fix already been found?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9: internet keeps dropping out
2020-03-16 12:17:21

@Buramu 

Thanks for your information, as for the unstable connection, the root cause varies; the actual network environment is the most important variation. 

We will do some troubleshooting and try to locate it and figure it out. 

1. Is it the current network diagram? Cable modem--main Deco ))((slave Deco 1 ))(( slave Deco 2? 

2. Do both wired connections and wireless connections lose connection at the same time? When the Deco P9 stops working, please connect your computer to the Deco by wired cable and verify whether you can access internet.

3. In the meantime, please connect your computer to the cable modem directly, bypass the Deco units and verify whether you can access internet. If it works well, you can connect it back to the main Deco by wired cable and open Deco app to clone the MAC address of this PC. 

4. Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, please connect the main Deco to the modem only, with other slave Decos off and then take some time to test the performance. 

5. You can swap the locations of different Decos or change the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Deco P9: internet keeps dropping out
2021-03-27 00:28:40

@Kevin_Z  I have the same issue. Lots of dropping out and failures to connect. Items reporting offline often within minutes they are online and offline with lights flashing red but still working or white and not. 

Just so I understand - Deco support is saying to get a good connection you go direct to the router and bypass their product. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2420

Replies: 2

Related Articles