Deco M4 problem with Youtube and Facebook on Android

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-16 18:03:50
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought 2 deco M4 a month ago. My experiences are:

- wire connections (pcs, ps4, tv) works perfect,

- wireless connections work fine when you browse the internet using a browser (Chrome) both on iPhone and Android devices,

- Youtube and Facebook NOT WORKING on Android devices (Galaxy S8, Redmi 5), works fine on iPhone 6s,

- Switching between DECOs not working smoothly on iPhone 6s. In most cases, I have to turn wifi off and on in the phone to refresh connection after going downstairs or upstairs.

Any solution, please?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 problem with Youtube and Facebook on Android
2020-03-17 02:21:11

@Trzmiel 

For the Android devices, with them connected to the Deco's wifi, please ping the website which cannot be browsed, like Facebook, YouTube and show us the ping results. 

Try to change the DNS server of the Deco to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1855/

As for the iPhone 6s, what about the specific symptom? And what will happen if you do not refresh the wifi connection? Like it is still connected to the wifi network but no internet access or it loses connection totally?

What is the current network diagram? Have you ever tried to change the locations of the two Deco units? Move them closer to each other. 

And you can switch the slave Deco to main one and then swap their locations to test the stability. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-17 21:37:34

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for reply.

Ping result from Android device:

rolex:/ $ ping youtube.com
PING youtube.com (192.0.2.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 109.206.192.2: icmp_seq=97 Destination Host Unreachable

I tried different DNS settings with no luck.

iPhone 6s not switching smoothly between decos. When I go upstairs it keeps weak connection with deco located in saloon downstairs. 

My network diagram is a little bit complicated, it looks like this: 

I think the distance between decos is fine because I have a good and stable transfer on PS4 and Smart TV.

Options
2020-03-24 10:06:42

@Trzmiel 

Any advice please?

Options
2020-03-26 14:49:22

@Trzmiel 

I've just added PC workstation with ARCHER T4U wireless connection. The connection is established with an excellent signal but no internet at browser.

Options
2020-10-29 12:13:45

@Trzmiel 

You manage to resolve I have same issue with deco 9 on Android TV cannot connect to YouTube  using router (default)  setup. 

Running latest firmware 

Options