trouble casting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

trouble casting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
trouble casting
trouble casting
2020-03-17 15:00:00
Model: Archer C2600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20160622 Release 56516

Our house has many devices (Chromecasts, XBOXs, Smart Tvs, tablets, etc).  Many times when we try to cast to a TV the device is not listed.  When i set up the router (C2600) i created two SSIDs one for 2.4GHZ and one for 5GHZ.  Unfortunately, my tablet may be using the 2.4GHZ band while my TV (Chromecast) is using the 5GHZ.  When I switched my tablet to the other band the device is then seen and casting is possible.

To avoid this I first changed the name of the 5GHZ SSID.  For some reason some of the devices could still find and use the old SSID on 5GHZ.  Next I completely turned off the 5GHZ wireless radio using the TP-LINK GUI.  Now on my laptops and on some of the devices I can see the 2.4 GHZ SSID and both of the 5GHZ SSIDs.  I can also connect to both and access the internet and other wireless actions.  

I am at a loss.  I rebooted the router after these changes were made many time, I even unplugged and plugged the router back in.  All SSIDs are available and allow connection and internet access.....any ideas of there?

Options
1 Reply
Re:trouble casting
2020-03-18 03:46:02

@ballanr 

That is a little weird, could you please show us a screenshot of the wifi network list on your laptop or other device where you can see the 2.4GHz and both 5GHz SSIDs? 

Meanwhile, please log into the web UI of the C2600 and show us a screenshot of the wireless settings page. 

Try to refresh the wifi list and enable the 5GHz and give it a different name and verify how many 5GHz SSIDs you can see, and then you can disable 5GHz and reboot the router to give it a go.

Besides, if it is still the same, you can reset the router and disable the default 5Ghz to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 1

Related Articles