Problem with outgoing ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-17 20:20:36
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi!

Trying to setup my workplace from home during the COVID-19 outbreak and my VPN connection that used to work with my old router no doesnt work at all with my new one.

Cant seem to get traffic from the workplace to my router and it works when i switch back to my old router.

I have tried Virtual Server and opened up the port im using there (444) and i have tried port triggering also and non of it worked.

Before you ask i have also disabled all firewalls while attempting to connect without success, even got supported from our IT-team that could not solve it.

Is there another way to open up external ports?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with outgoing ports
2020-03-18 06:10:17

@Jensy 

What is the current network diagram? Have you ever setup the VPN connection between the Archer AX6000 and the workplace router? 

Which device you have opened the port 444 for? 

How did you access the workplace now? Via IP address and port number, or the VPN connection? 

Options
Re:Problem with outgoing ports
2020-03-18 07:02:17

@Kevin_Z 

My current setup is just the AX6000 and my workplace computer connected to it (brought the comp home), all the other clients are either mobilephones or mediapads through the wifi connection.

Our IT support at work have setup the VPN connection from the workplace and it did work before with my old router (a stoneage D-Link) but as soon as i switched to the AX6000 i couldnt connect to the workplace anymore.

I have tried to ping myself and it seems like my ports are closed, i can send packages but not reseve them back.

I have tried to open the port to my workplace computer (.190) but without success, pictures below is my forwarding attempt.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 560

Replies: 2

Related Articles