Deco P9 Speed loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Speed loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 Speed loss
Deco P9 Speed loss
2020-03-17 22:36:40 - last edited 2020-03-17 22:54:53
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

Hi there, 

I just bought a three Deco P9 pack, and connected them as follows:

Modem - - Main Deco P9 - - Slave Deco P9 1 - - Slave Deco P9 2

The thing is that, although I've got 600 Mbps as bandwidth, and  I obtain 200 Mbps (Down & Upload) on the two first Decos (Main & Slave 1) which is quite good, on the third Deco (Slave 2) I roughly get 50 Mbps. I have the three of them in router mode and situated the main deco in a corner of the house, the slave deco 1 in the center, and the slave deco 2 on another corner of the house, as the image below shows.

I would also like to know whether changing from router to ap mode would improve the speed, and what are the main differences in those modes. I would also like to know if there is the possibility of choosing only the WIFI 5Ghz rather than the 2.4Ghz. And what does fast roaming really does (I´ve got it turned off). Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Speed loss
2020-03-18 01:42:20

@diex 

Thanks for your information, we can do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1. With slave 2 powered off, please connect your computer or cellphone to the slave 1 when you are next to the slave 2 and test the speed you can get from it. 

2. You can swap the locations of the two slave Decos to rule out whether it is the specific device or it is the network environment which affects the speed. 

3. You can switch the operation mode from router mode to AP mode to give it a go. Note: Open Deco app, go to more-advanced-operation mode. Then you can take some time to test it. 

4. Right now, there is no separate toggle to turn 2.4GHz/5GHz on/off yet, the new feature will be added with firmware upgrade. As for fast roaming, you can read this article: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

Best regards. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 1

Related Articles