Deco E4 2.4Ghz Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4 2.4Ghz Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4 2.4Ghz Problem
Deco E4 2.4Ghz Problem
2020-03-18 07:07:23
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! 

I just want to ask why I experience very slow speed on my 2.4Ghz on my second slave deco.

Here is the setup (wireless backhaul for 2nd and 3rd deco)

SkyCable Modem -> Deco E4 Main -> Deco E4 Slave (2nd) (just 7meters away from Main deco)

-> Deco E4 Slave (3rd) (10meters away from Main deco)

My problem is when our device switch to Deco Slave 2nd and use 2.4Ghz band internet is very slow like below 5Mbps, but if it will switch to 5Ghz I can get our full speed 100Mbps. I never updated to the latest firmware (anxious about it will bring new problems based on this forum). There's no problem with 3rd deco in 2.4Ghz I can get around 70-80Mbps and 90Mbps in 5Ghz. Also there's no problem using LAN cable on all Decos they can provide the same speed only problem is the 2.4Ghz on my second deco base on the setup.

Solutions I tried:

1. Turn on/off Fast Roaming

2. Unplugged for 30s 2nd Deco and switched on.

3. Move the deco to other place, getting the same problem on 2nd Deco slow 2.4Ghz speed.

Also on my observation I don't get full bar signal on 2.4Ghz using 2nd deco, if I move closer It will automatically switch to 5Ghz eliminating the problem. But I still need fix for this problem.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4 2.4Ghz Problem
2020-03-19 01:53:54

@MemoryEXE 

Thanks for the information provided. 

Have you ever tried to swap the location between the second slave Deco and the third one? After that, please verify whether the 2.4GHz speed is still slow from the "second" Deco.

And you can switch the second Deco to the main one to give it a shot. below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Besides, if it is still the same, it is suggested to upgrade the firmware to the latest one first. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1238

Replies: 1

Related Articles