range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
range extender
range extender
2020-03-18 08:27:40 - last edited 2020-03-19 02:35:13

bought new range extender I am not tech savvy I have no pc so plugged in as stated light flashed so I plugged in next to the router (ee bright box2) pressed wps on both items blue light flashed on re for a while then no connection tried several times any help please

Options
4 Reply
Re:range extender
2020-03-19 02:35:04 - last edited 2020-03-19 02:35:13

@Gary.c-9 

What is the model number of your range extender? And what about the current light status? 

You can connect your computer to cellphone to the extender and log into the web UI to configure it. You can watch the setup video to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-19 20:11:57

@Kevin_Z hi again my RE is a TL WA850RE v1.25 I cant link it via WPS my router flashes 9 times and no link the light flashes but no connection.I don't have a computer so you suggested using my phone I've gone through the process 3 times I get to final option were it says press to finish will take 2 mins that starts gets to about 15% then loses connection ever

Options
2020-03-20 05:56:29

@Gary.c-9 

Hi Gary, you can hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 1s with it powered on. 

You can wait 1-2 minutes to make it restart. Then you can connect the smart phone to the default extender's wifi and open a web browser, enter 192.168.0.254 or tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar to log in with admin. 

Next,  go to settings-connected network and select your home wifi and enter its password and click save. 

After that, you can reboot the extender and verify whether it works well. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-20 09:38:26

@Kevin_Z hi again my brain is freezing im totally sick been messing about with this gadget for 2days can't get it to work just keeps putting me on to link quick set up I put all details in get to last bit were it says "the range extender is applying the wireless settings gets to about20% then loses phone connection also when I go to WiFi setting on phone says connected to to link extender and underneath says go to browser in blue when I press on that just sends me back to quick start menu again ☹ help pl

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 4

Related Articles