WA850RE - How to limit the bandwidth of the access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-18 17:03:07
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: NotSure - Tell me if needed

I was wondering if it's possible to limit the bandwidth of my wifi extender, which I use as an access point (See: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198934).

The reason is because the speed of the main router is significantly reduced once connected with the extender by ethernet.

My ISP says it's not possible to do that from my router gateway so I thought it might be possible from the extender's settings but I don't seem to find anything.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:WA850RE - How to limit the bandwidth of the access point
2020-03-19 03:33:11

@Chris2323 

Hello, there is no bandwidth control feature supported on TL-WA850RE. Instead, you can limit the bandwidth of the access point on the main router. 

Besides, generally speaking, the TL-WA850RE won't affect the performance of the main router with it connected by wired cable, you can change another ethernet port and cable to give it a go.

Or with TL-WA850RE connected to the main router only by wired cable, try to connect your computer to the main router by wired cable and wireless to test the speed. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:WA850RE - How to limit the bandwidth of the access point
2020-03-19 13:25:18

@Kevin_Z It might not affect it so much when being connected to the main router  but I notice it when I connect to the other WA850RE we have, which doesn't function as an access point but as a signal extender. 

(So we have the main router 1 access point and 1 range extender which are both WA850RE)

Options