Hello, I've previously bought three HS100 smart plugs (ver. 3.0) and the installation went very smoothly with my 2.4 GHz WiFi router. I was so satisfied with them that I've bought two more, which won't connect to my WiFi. They are identical except that these new ones are version 4.0.
This is how I try to install them (just followed your guide https://www.tp-link.com/se/support/faq/946/):
- Connect one HS100 device to a power outlet
- Wait until the WiFi indicator starts to illuminate green and orange
- Go to my Kasa app (Android) and click on the + button while I am on my 2.4 GHz Wifi
- Choose Device, Smart Plug, HS100 and click on the next button until my phone connects to HS100's network
- Choose my 2.4 GHz network and type my password and later click on Join
- and here it stops...
The phone changes back to my 2.4 GHz WiFi after a while but it gets stuck at the "Connecting Smart Plug to Your Home Network" screen. It is usually stuck here around 20-30 minutes until the "Unable to connect to your WiFi" screen shows up. The WiFi LED on the HS100 device keeps blinking green and orange which should indicate that it never connects with my WiFi.
So far, I have tried the following remedies without any success:
- Downloaded the Kasa app on my iPhone and tried to install the device but it gets stuck on the same place.
- Performed a normal and a factory reset on the device.
- Disconnected the three HS100 that I bought earlier from my home network and then tried to connect my new HS100 ver. 4.0 device.
- Restarted the router.
- Double/triple checked my WiFi password (done this about 15 times).
- Inserted the device to an outlet next to the router (10 cm away).
- Exit the app to see if it appears in the Kasa home page anyway (it does not).
- Tried the steps above with the other HS100 ver. 4.0 with no success.
- Checked my router if it is blocking new devices or has a maximum limit of connected devices (which it don't).
Do you have any ideas what the problem can be? The only difference that I've found between the three working ones and the two not working ones is the version.