Completely disable 2.4Ghz on Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 12:51:35
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hello guys.

I have a Deco M5 mesh network at my apartment with 4 devices. My purpose is to work only with 5 Ghz networks since I don't have any old device that needs 2.4Ghz.

However, I have other home devices/appliances that runs on 2.4Ghz communication, specially a wireless telephone and a babysitter radio. They use 2.4Ghz for intra-communication among their own, not using Internet access.

There are more than 40 (forty)  2.4Ghz  networks on the spectrum at my apartment. And this is affecting my telephone and my babysitter radio. With my Deco mesh network these devices stopped to work. If I disable all Decos, they start to work again. 

I tried to disable 2.4Ghz in the Deco application, but it just disable the visibility of SSID name. The spectrum of 2.4Ghz network from the Decos still using the available bands (sometimes in channel 8, sometimes in channel 4) therefore it still disabling my other devices.

There is something to do to completely disable 2.4Ghz channels on my Deco M5 mesh network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Completely disable 2.4Ghz on Deco M5
2020-03-23 01:25:59

@Adami 

Hi, you can disable 2.4GHz by toggling off the wifi button of 2.4GHz. It does not only hide the SSID but also disable the wifi function of the 2.4GHz totally. In the meantime, there will be a hidden 2.4GHz and 5GHz existed, which are used for the wireless backhaul only; it cannot be detected via normal wireless devices and cannot be connected. And the communication between is encrypted. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4011

Replies: 1