Using 4G router with Deco 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 14:22:17

My broadband via landline contract is coming to an end shortly and I see that several IP's offer unlimited data sims at very attractive prices

Can I use one of the TP Link 4G routers with my existing Deco M5 network? Currently, I use a Billion router in modem mode with the wireless switched off linked by cat6 connectin to the Master M5. Download speed is 14Mbps in this configuration

Do I connect the router to the main deco with Cat6 cable as before?

Many thanks

Ken

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using 4G router with Deco 5
2020-03-23 01:46:45

@kenbish13 

Hi Ken, you can connect the Deco M5 to a TP-Link 4G router with SIM card by ethernet cable. The 4G router does not support bridge mode. 

And the main Deco has to connect to the 4G router by wired cable, the slave Decos can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2132

Replies: 1

Related Articles