Switching main deco from M5 to M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-21 16:39:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I started with just a Deco M5 and extended this  existing network with 3 M9 Plus units. The M5 is still the main unit, connected to the modem. Now I think it will be better to use one of the M9 units as the main Deco. How should I switch this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Switching main deco from M5 to M9
2020-03-22 12:37:33

@RaymondvH Hi, I don't recomend you to do so, at least for the V.2 version of the M9Plus. Its lousy firmware is so outdated that you wil loose the web access, and will loose information about the client devices and the Deco itself in the app.

In my installation with three M5 and a M9Plus the main M5 deco is using 35% CPU and 57% memory. No stability problems.

Cicero.

RaymondvH wrote

I started with just a Deco M5 and extended this  existing network with 3 M9 Plus units. The M5 is still the main unit, connected to the modem. Now I think it will be better to use one of the M9 units as the main Deco. How should I switch this?

Options
Re:Switching main deco from M5 to M9
2020-03-23 06:20:56

@RaymondvH 

Hi you can refer to this FAQ to switch slave Deco to main Deco: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

If the Deco M9 plus is V2 and you want to use the new features, you can keep Deco M5 as the main Deco, and then you can switch the Deco M9 plus to main Deco when the firmware with new features become available. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1132

Replies: 2

Related Articles