Modem does not answer to web requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-21 17:44:12
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 160410 Rel.19872

Device Model is TD-W8901N

I did not found my device model and selected this nearest model!

Its hard to explain, But most of times the device web page does not answer the requests...

Mean when I go to 192.168.1.1 some times show login screen and most of times dont.

Any problem I reproduce is checked with about 2 Ethernet clients and 1 Wireless clients.

After login when saving something its gone away and after about 1 minutes loading shown login page or timeout!

I have factory reseted device physicaly and from web ui, nothing changed.

I have 2 device of this model and switched between devices, both devices has this problem recently (About 2 months)

What can I do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Modem does not answer to web requests
2020-03-23 07:13:01

AmirKarimi wrote

Device Model is TD-W8901N

I did not found my device model and selected this nearest model!

Its hard to explain, But most of times the device web page does not answer the requests...

Mean when I go to 192.168.1.1 some times show login screen and most of times dont.

Any problem I reproduce is checked with about 2 Ethernet clients and 1 Wireless clients.

After login when saving something its gone away and after about 1 minutes loading shown login page or timeout!

I have factory reseted device physicaly and from web ui, nothing changed.

I have 2 device of this model and switched between devices, both devices has this problem recently (About 2 months)

What can I do?

@AmirKarimi 

When you encounter this issue, you can simplify network topology by connecting one end-device to the modem, turn off the firewall or antivirus on the computer, clear browser caches and try to use 192.168.1.1 or tplinkmodem.net to log in, please also try to use different browsers. 

You can also restart the modem before login. If you still can't log in, please try to ping 192.168.1.1 on the computer, can you ping through? You may refer to the instruction below to ping.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Options
2020-03-25 06:54:22 - last edited 2020-03-25 07:02:05

@Stella.Q Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I checked and produced this problem in multiple system with multiple browser, (Debian 10 with Firefox and Chromiume and Windows 10 with Firefox and Opea)

I think its not related to client, It maybe about modem configuration, But I am wonder about I did not changed anything of the modem configuration except ADSL config to connect to Internet.

Also I have 2 device with this model, Both got this problem from about 2 months ago...

I have factory reseted both device and configured again... Turned off and wait and turned on again... But problem was not fixed yet.

Maybe this problem was from frimware? I checked the installed firmware on device is lastest frimware that tp-link was provided. May need to reinstall firmware? Or is there any custom firmware for this device?

Also plus response of web request from device it has another problem about kill sessions very soon, about lesss thant one minute... And I should login again...

Options
2020-03-31 08:03:45

Hi, Anyone can help me please?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 791

Replies: 3