Deco E4 different SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4 different SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4 different SSIDs
Deco E4 different SSIDs
2020-03-22 18:46:42
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have recently set up set of 2 Deco E4 at my home. I realised that by default, only 1 network ID is created. Is it possible to have 2 seperate network IDs (  1 each for 2.4 & 5 Gz frequency). If yes, please provide the instructions to do so.

Query 2 - once the above is done, I want to ensure soo of my devices only connect to 2.4 Gz network. Please advise how it can be done.

Thanks

Himanshu

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco E4 different SSIDs
2020-03-23 06:41:30

@Himanshu_IN 

Hi Himanshu, the mesh network uses the same SSID and password for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, there is no option to make separate wifi names for them. 

If you want to have a different SSID, you can enable guest network. 

For those devices which you want to connect them to 2.4GHz only, you can turn off the 5GHz on Deco first and connect them to the 2.4GHz and then disable mesh technology. The Deco won't recommend you to roam. And after that you can turn on the 5GHz. 

Or you can enable guest 2.4GHz only and connect them to it. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-23 12:16:32

@Kevin_Z  Thanks

In such case

1) how do I identify which network (2.4 or 5 Gz) a particular device is connected to

2) How do I change the channel of the network? I can see there is interference from the existing networks.

Options
2020-03-24 02:34:41

@Himanshu_IN 

The Deco supports the feature to display which client is connected to which deco and which band. You can go to device details page to check it. Or you can distinguish them by checking the wireless negotiation speed on your device. 

Signal Rate 867 Mbps at 5 GHz, 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz

There is no option to change the wireless channel manually, instead, the Deco will select the channel automatically based on the signal strength and the whole network environment. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-12-18 00:45:08

i am trying to use my Deco E4 in Access Point mode.  On my network, I have different SSID's for 5GHz and 2,4GHz and I have to keep it that way.

Does that mean I can only program the E4 to connect with one SSID and thus restricting/forcing the E4 to only connect either at 2.4GHz or 5 GHz?

Please advise

AK

Options
2021-12-18 01:27:07

@AK32 

A lot has changed since 2020, when this topic was discussed. By utilizing Deco Guest Network, you can have two different SSID: one for 5GHz and one for 2.4GHz.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3266

Replies: 5

Related Articles