Zoom meeting blocked by Archer C1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 13:47:31
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Jan-2018

I rely on Zoom meeting a lot when I work from home. Recently I realized that once my mobile device or Macbook is connected to home Wifi, Zoom meeting video call and audio call will fail. I can still login Zoom and use it for instant messaging, but just not able to do audio and video call. Once I disabled wifi and use cellular network, everything is working fine.

Rebooted and reset the router but still the same. I am very sure the problem is not about my ISP because once I connect my macbook to internet without going through my router, everything is working great.

Does anyone has similar experience? I was trying to find a way capture traffic of the router and find out what port or host is blocked but no idea how. Anyone can shed me some lights?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Zoom meeting blocked by Archer C1200
2020-03-25 09:21:30

@kinman828 

Try to log into the web UI of the Archer C1200 to enable the IGMP proxy/IGMP Snooping feature. 

You can go to the advanced-network-IPTV page to enable it. 

And you can try to open the port for your mobile device to give it a go. You can enable DMZ for your Macbook or mobile device to give it a shot. 

If it still does not work, it is suggested to contact the tech support of Zoom to verify the settings need to be done on the router to make it work. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-06-03 18:47:18

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have exact same issue. Impossible to connect to Zoom meetings since I installed this router last week. Big issue for my work I will need to return the router back if I wan't solve this.

When I go to the configuration page you mention, IGMP proxy seems already acticated. Please refer to attached picture. I have a brand new AC 1200.

Can you please be more specific about the needed setting?

I think TP-Link should care about that issue as so many people use zoom..............

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Vincent

Options
2020-10-15 16:00:27 - last edited 2020-10-15 16:02:08

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem with TP_LINK Archer AX10. Zoom reports the connection is poor, but all other sites works well. When I  use my old TP Link router, Zoom works well

Options
2020-10-16 06:29:37

@Zakhar 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up again.

Are you using Zoom on a computer or on your phone? Is it connected to the AX10 via Wi-Fi, 2.4GHz or 5GHz? How about the link speed between the computer and the AX10?

Have you tried my previous suggestions to enable the IGMP proxy/IGMP Snooping? Can I have a screenshot of it?

When you tried to use Zoom video or audio, what happened except for the error "the connection is poor"? Will it still connect or just quit? If possible, can you show us a short video about the Zoom video/audio not working issue?

Thanks very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-02 04:27:21

@kinman828 

I changed encryption and issue gone

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3581

Replies: 5

Related Articles