Archer C9 drops connection regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-23 16:21:58
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20180423 rel.85787(5553)

Hi!

Since I've bought my Archer C9 to use as an AP, I get -apparently- random disconnects from the internet. The "globe" icon on the router turns orange, and all devices connected to the C9 can't reach the internet even though devices connected to my C7 still work correctly. This lasts about 15 seconds, then the C9 reconnects to the net.

I've tried:

1. Using to the latest firmware listed for my hardware version (5.0 US version)

2. Using the firmware suggested by the "Firmware upgrade" section (1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel.63869)

3. Set time/date manually

4. Set wifi channel and width manually.

Is there any fix for this?

Screenshot of my log. I can provide the full System Log if requested.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 drops connection regularly
2020-03-25 09:40:17

@TPLnkUsr88 

Here are a few things to look at. Have you changed the operation mode to Access point on Archer C9? Can you log into the web UI of C9 when the global light turns orange? If so, please show us a screenshot of the status page and advanced-network-internet page. Try to connect your computer to the C9 when it stops working and click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

You can reserve an IP address for the C0 on Archer C7 to give it a go.

Have you ever tried to change the role of the two routers? For example, the Archer C9 works as the main router and the C7 works as the access point? 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Archer C9 drops connection regularly
2020-04-11 21:27:15 - last edited 2020-04-12 13:55:18

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your prompt answer. I'll try to reply with details for future troubleshooters:

1. The C9 remains accesible while the global light turns orange.

2. I did switch the C7 to be the AP and the C9 to the router function. It seems to be working nicely but ran into a another problem with DHCP. Description of the problem and solution can be found here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/154825

My setup seems to be working now. Although I don't know what caused the original problem or what the real solution is. Nonetheless, I appreciate your reply and the suggestion for a workaround.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1808

Replies: 2

Related Articles