TL-MR3020 modem USB 3G/4G configuration file (specifically for D-Link DWM-222)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 10:56:23
Model: TL-MR3020  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-MR3020_V1_150921

Good day, 

I am trying to use a USB modem 4G from D-Link model DWM-222 with the router TP-Link model TL-3020, but the TP-Link router does not have the file configuration specifically for that USB modem. Thus the router asks to upload the file configuration (we are not talking about the AP and the ISP configuration, but about the 4G modem).

Does anyone know which kind of file is this one? Extension? 

Can I get it from the USB modem installation package?

Should I try to get it from TP-Link or from D-Link?

Does anyone have a file example of another modem so maybe I can use it as template?

Thanks in advance.

Germán P.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-MR3020 modem USB 3G/4G configuration file (specifically for D-Link DWM-222)
2020-03-26 08:50:55

@freeurheel 

Please check the compatibility list and ensure that your 4G modem is included. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-mr3020/#Compatibility

Theoretically, the 4G modem is plug and play, no configuration needed. Could you please show us a screenshot of that page asking to upload file configuration? 

You can try to create the network profile manually to give it a shot as well. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1663/ 

Options
Re:TL-MR3020 modem USB 3G/4G configuration file (specifically for D-Link DWM-222)
2020-03-26 12:42:25

@Kevin_Z 

As per the list, the DWM-222 is not compatible. That is why, I supposed, the router was asking to upload modem settings.

In the laptop, in not plug and play, at the end you need to install a "connection manager" that you must run in order to connect to the 4G.

I did try different profile networks, understanding this is the APN (Access Point configuration: dial number, username, password... as per the ISP (Internet Service Provider)).

In fact, I understand that if your USB modem is not compatible you can upload a .bin file as seen in the following TP-Link website: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g/

Note: The USB modem is without PIN code and with the led indicator in green, as if it were connected.

3G/4G configuration screen. Two settings: Advanced and Modem. Advanced for internet provider. Modem for non-compatible modems (see second screenshot).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Germán

Options
Re:TL-WR902Ac modem USB 3G/4G configuration file (specifically for D-Link DWM-222)
2020-05-02 19:18:45

@freeurheel 

Hi All,

I understand that my modem is not on the compatibility list, I have spent a few days trying to connect without success.....Is it possible a patch is available or coming soon....I believe its a popular modem so a patch would be very useful for more than just me.....Also is it possible for you to recomend the best OPEN USB modem 3/4G to use with this device please sir / madam.??

Thank you kindly in advance.

Kindest regards Stu

Borough Tucholski (Forest)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4479

Replies: 3