No internet connection with new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 17:52:26
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I got my new router today. If I try to connect to the internet by wire, it's working ok. If I connect the router to the internet, the LED is orange and there is no change after switch-off/on and reset. No change after being connected for an hour. Is there anything I can do? Is it a software problem? Should I ask the retailer for another one? 

Options
7 Reply
Re:No internet connection with new router
2020-03-24 18:02:42

@gerzs Are you using it as the main router or as access point to extend WiFi signal? There two operation modes (router and access point) and they are different in some aspects.

When you say it works fine with wire, what do you mean exactly? In other words, where are you connecting the wire to test it?

Options
2020-03-24 18:15:53

@mocelet I connected it to my laptop and did a speed test, it worked as expected.

I would like to use it as the main router.

Options
2020-03-25 10:32:12

@gerzs 

Connect your computer to the internet directly and verify whether you can access internet, if it works well, please connect it back to the Archer C6 by wired cable. 

And then log into the web UI of C6 with your PC and go to advanced-network-internet page to clone the PC's MAC address. 

After that, please reconnect C6 to the internet and verify whether you can access internet. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-25 16:20:51

@Kevin_Z 

"Connect your computer to the internet directly and verify whether you can access internet, if it works well, please connect it back to the Archer C6 by wired cable. "

Yes, I did this and after that I cannot access the web UI, I suppose due to there not being an internet conncetion according to the router.

Options
2020-03-25 17:34:07 - last edited 2020-03-25 17:49:18

@gerzs You don't need Internet connection to access the web UI (you mean the administration web of the router, right?). Try using WiFi, you should be able to open the web UI.

Is your laptop wired connection set with static IP address and DNS or it is dynamic / automatic?

Edit: If you're able to plug any wired device to "the internet" without the router, then you probably need to set the router as access point instead. Who provides you internet connectivity?

Options
2020-03-25 20:19:15

@mocelet @Kevin_Z 

Well, it seems like this was some weird Linux bug. On my ancient laptop with Win7, the setup went smoothly.

Options
2020-03-26 03:54:51

@gerzs 

Thanks for your updates. What about now? Does Archer C6 work properly as expected? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1227

Replies: 7

Related Articles