Connection dropping out on P7 slaves

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 21:57:30
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190704 Rel. 46693

Hi,

I have been using the P7 (3 pcs) for 2 weeks now. After one day slave units (2 pcs) lost connection. Did a hard reset and reinstalled the whole network. It was more or less working with recurrent connection drops.

Today it happened again, so I did a hard reset and switched the main unit with a slave one. Problem has become worse. Now slaves appear offline...

I purchased this system to replace a TL-WA850RE & TL-WA860RE combo. Until now it was unfortunately not a good purchase.

If needed I can send you the log after reinstallation of the system

In the meantime can you please send instructions for firmware downgrade?

Thanks in advance for Your reply

Kind regards

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connection dropping out on P7 slaves
2020-03-25 07:49:16

@shura85 

Hi, we can do some troubleshooting on the unstable connection issue first. 

1. What is the current network diagram? What is the led status of Deco when you lost the connection? 

2. Do both wired connections or wireless connections have the same issue? When the salve Deco stops working, can you get internet from the main Deco or the modem directly?

3. Have you ever tried to change another location of the slave Decos?

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-25 10:34:03

Hi Kevin_Z 

Thank You for Your quick reply.

Setup is as follows :

Net is provided by a Compal CH7465LG Connect Box (UPC).

Master P7 is connected via wire to this unit as.

# 1 Slave P7 is connected via Wireless to Master P7

#2 Slave P7 is connected via Wireless to #1 Slave P7. #2 is used for wired connection to Smart TV, Console via Switch (TP Link)

After initial setup all worked but via the app after refreshing #1 & #2 appeared Offline. #1 had green light while #2 had blinking red light. Yet I had case when light was green on #2 and no connection was available (wired or wireless)

In the browser  when I log to the TP Link WEb UI it shows in the diagram that both slaves are connected directly to the master (maybe it is just a drawing issue..)

My desktop is wired to the main deco and connection was fine

Yes I tried to change location of the Decos. Those connections drops happen in a randomly manner (at least it seems to me)

Kind regards

Kevin_Z wrote

@shura85 

Hi, we can do some troubleshooting on the unstable connection issue first. 

1. What is the current network diagram? What is the led status of Deco when you lost the connection? 

2. Do both wired connections or wireless connections have the same issue? When the salve Deco stops working, can you get internet from the main Deco or the modem directly?

3. Have you ever tried to change another location of the slave Decos?

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-26 02:08:49

@shura85 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

When the two slave Decos show green light but no internet connection, can you get internet from slave 1 Deco with a computer connected? Please check the IP address and gateway of your computer as well. Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Cause the web UI indicates the two Slave Decos connect to the master unit directly, you can move the slave 2 further away from the master one and verify whether it is connected to the slave 1. And please ensure that the slave 1 Deco can get good and stable signal from the master unit. 

And you can switch the slave Deco to the main Deco to give it a shot. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/ 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-26 21:37:17 - last edited 2020-03-26 22:09:20

@Kevin_Z 

Today it worked well and in the diagram I could see Master => Slave 1 => Slave 2

Tonight it went out again. Slave 1 & 2 being green but no connection (wired or wireless). After a reboot Slave 1 is green and Slave 2 is blinking red but both appear offline. And again UI shows both slaves are directly connected to the master

Connection with Slave 1 must be stable as previously I had a TP link equipment at the same spot (TL-WA850RE)

I already switched physically during reinstall slave to master. With the app it is not possible as Slave appear offline...

Any advice ? Is it possible to downgrade the firmware in order to test if it linked to that ?

I can send you the log if you need

Shall I configure my ISP"s box in Bridge mode ? Right now it is in Router mode but its own Wifi has been disabled

Thanks

Kind regards

Options
2020-03-31 16:20:14

@Kevin_Z

Do you have any udpate on this topic ?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542