Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?

Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?

46 Reply
Re:Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?
2020-05-12 11:35:32

This is the common problem most of the TP-link Router owner face and you don't have to worry about it.

Mostly these type of problems can be solved by factory resetting your router and re-configure it with the basic setting as TP-Link Guides shows,

smiley

Options
Re:Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?
2020-05-22 04:50:17

@Abaresaru - I do face this issue. client devices are not connecting to a slave device. However it works with the main device.

Support team suggested to upgrade to latest firmware still having the same problem.

There are timeout errors in the router log like below.

Fri May 22 09:06:17 2020 daemon.err nrd[4864]: estimatorDot11kIterateCB: Timeout waiting for 802.11k response from 1E:9B:33:XX:XX:XX

I reported to support time. I yet to receive response.

Options
2020-06-06 17:27:01

I am having the exact same problem with my Deco M4 network.

On 4 devices I am not able to see the network in the wifi-network, nor can I connect manually to it.

My wifiprinter HP8600 pro ( 2.4 GHz wifi n)

My moto e4 ( 2.4 GHz wifi n)

2 older laptops that only support  2.4 GHz wifi n.

Fast roaming is off and I already tried different setting & options turned on/off but at no help.

The solutions proposed here do not help for me.

Options
2020-07-08 21:12:20

Another thing to try is to disable Beamforming in More/Advanced router settings.

Worked for my Neato vacuum!

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2020-08-09 00:32:08

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,  Facing similar problem with a DECO M5 system, tablet, phone, laptop, Xbox all connecting smoothly to wifi & Internet, except Sony Android TV that it says it connects to WIFI but no Internet access, tried turning fast Roaming off ...no change

System working so far so good except thist would be very disappointing not being able to connect my Smart TV

Options
2020-08-29 00:18:46

@Saurabh_S hello! The way I got it to work was     disabling antivirus 

Options
2020-12-21 12:12:00

Hi everyone,

I'v owned my Deco M9 Plus for about a year now. It's been working flawless, until a few days ago.

All my constant connected devices (smartphones etc) is no problem. But other units, like my OLED, Playstation, Switch, Amplifier is having great issues when connecting to my WiFi network. They might be connected, but don't any Internet connection. This seems to be very random.

I've tried all the steps in the guide. Nothing helps.

What should I do? Is there some kind of limit on how many units can be connected the same time (counting 14 right now)?

Thanks!

Rgds.

// Mattias

Options
2020-12-21 12:36:11

@Alfa.Niels 

yeah. I have upgraded my router. Updated all the Deco units. I have to connect half the devices via a static ip and reserve their IP address within the Deco App to get them to work. My IoT devices that aren't programmable will connect. But then randomly disconnect and have to cycle through until they connect again. 

All devices that fail. Fail because they are not given the router information. When I check in connected devices (they connect but no internet) IP address is shown. But not Router IP. Assigning manually where possible works. But this shouldn't be necessary. 

Options
2020-12-25 23:39:49

@Kevin_Z  Thanks much this solved to reconnect one of my hardnut systems  

Options
2021-01-04 06:40:03

Hello! In connection to the main problem, my Apple products (MacBook Pro and iPad) are not connecting to the second node (though they can connect to the main node) and I don't know why. Our cellphones (Andorid) have no problem connecting to both nodes. Hope you can provide some insights on how to work around this. Thank you!

Options
Related Articles