AX6000 one single network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-25 19:41:45
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I would like to know if there's a way to have one single network.

I used to have apple airport extremes around my house, don't ask me why I decided to change them for the AX6000 but as I have several other devices like for example a synology NAS and 4 Bang Olufsen speakers which my wife love to use. Those speakers used to work in the apple network, but somehow I can't make them work now, and no I can't wire them as they are in my living room.

Currently I have my ISP router connected to a switch and that switch goes to my main room and to my study that it is where the 2 AX6000 are. 

I can see the speakers on the tether app but I am unable to connect them to my wife's iPhone.

One thing to mention is that currently I have one AX (the one in the master bed) as a router and the other one as an access point.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestion?

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX6000 one single network
2020-03-26 10:01:59

@Galaad 

Hello, please check the IP address of the speaker and your wife's phone. Please notice that they can access each other when they are in the same subnet. 

You can connect the cellphone to the AX6000's host wifi, not guest network nor ISP router's.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-26 17:24:24

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks for the answer

The problem is that the signal is so strong that even when I'm in the living room the iphone does not connect to the router that has the speakers as clients, I have tried to get close to the ax even standing next to it and still can't see it.

I configured both of them with the same network name and password.

There is no way that both of them work together? Into one single network?

Options
2020-03-27 05:54:12

@Galaad 

Theoretically, they can work together, and it won't affect the performance of the clients. 

Cause the iPhone cannot connect to it, you can change the wireless settings, including wireless channel and channel width. 1, 6 and 11 channels and 20MHz for 2.4GHz, 36, 40 and 44 channels and 40MHz for 5GHz. 

And please try to disable smart connect to give it a go. Or you can give them different names and try again. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 3

Related Articles