Deco M5 Setup Won’t Connect to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-26 02:08:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought Deco M5 to replace Belkin router. I have Comcast xfinity service. Old setup was:

Coax -> TP Link TC-7610 modem -> Belkin WiFi router

new setup is:

Coax -> TP Link TC-7610 modem -> Deco M5

i have it setup as Dynamic IP and it won't connect to the internet. I then tried this setup:

Coax -> TP Link TC-7610 modem -> Belkin WiFi router LAN -> Deco M5 and that actually allowed me to get on the internet. Please help me. I'm trying to get rid of my ancient belkin router but can't get the Deco to work.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Setup Won’t Connect to Internet
2020-03-26 03:09:13

@dustin11h3 

Hi, please connect the Deco M5 to the TC7610 directly first, then please power cycle them, first turn off both devices, then turn on the TC-7610 first and wait 1-2 minutes to let the modem reboot, then turn on the Deco M5 and wait a while to check the internet connection. 

If it still does not work, please connect your computer to the modem directly and verify whether it can access internet; if it works, please connect it back to the Deco M5 by wired cable and open Deco app, go to advanced-MAC clone to clone this PC's MAC address. After that, you can reconnect the M5 to the modem and test the connection. 

May it help. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 Setup Won’t Connect to Internet
2020-03-27 18:51:40

@Kevin_Z The staggered power cycling seems to be working now. Got things up and running. Thank you.

If I happen to experience a power outage will this still be an issue when things come back online at the same time?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2671

Replies: 2