TL-WPA7510 KIT V2 Intermittently Not Responding on latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-26 09:53:12
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-WPA7510(UK)_V2_190610

hello,  I have this brand new model powerline kit (V2), and upon purchase updated the firmware to 190610 as per your website firmware update. The firmware update went successfully and the adapter is working fine at approx 700Mbps and full speed wifi.  However, repeatedly every 3-4 days, the wireless network on the adapter completely drops and there's no way to get it to work again without a full power cycle.  Also the TPLink utility run elsewhere on the network does not see the device on the network to allow performing a soft restart. Only a hard reset resolves the issue which is inconvenient as it's behind furniture.   The wifi network is the same SSID as another elsewhere in the property.  There is nothing relevant in the logs.   Anyone else seeing this?

Options
19 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 KIT V2 Intermittently Not Responding on latest firmware
2020-03-30 12:19:14

@onefortheroad Yes! Exactly the same thing happens to me as well. Even though devices are connected to the wifi , internet does not work. Sometimes you can see the SSID on the devices but you can not connect to it at all. Both happens around the same time at least once a week. Only way to fix it, is to power cycle. I tried looking at the settings if I could somehow schedule auto restarts at night but there is no such a thing.

Options
2020-03-31 08:38:27
Yes today I found the SSID was visible unlike before, but still no internet and cannot ping gateway. Pull out of the wall again... @Kevin_Z we have two replicas of this issue. Could someone from tp-link please test this? just keep the kit on for one whole week (latest firmware) and see if the wireless and network access is still working or not. thanks
Options
2020-03-31 09:23:38 - last edited 2020-03-31 09:24:05

@onefortheroad @duality

We will do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1.  Please create a different wifi name for the TL-WPA7510 and verify whether it is gone when wifi stops working or it is still there, but failed to connect to it or connected but no internet. 

2. What is the led status of the powerline adapter when it stops working? Can you access internet from the adapter by wired cable?

3. Try to change the wireless settings, including wireless channel and channel width. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

4. Besides, you can change another socket to plug it. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-31 09:41:52
hi, thanks for taking a look. For (2) the usual 4 green LEDs are showing when its not responding. same as when it is working. I will try the rest of the settings and update. need to wait 4 days though...
Options
2020-03-31 10:09:58 - last edited 2020-03-31 10:13:20

@Kevin_Z 

1. I did change the wifi names when I was setting it up the first time. I'm not using the default ones.

2. No change on leds, all the leds remains lit, just like it was working. Yes wired connection is not effected by this.

( This happened again yesterday during an online class, I remained connected to internet and to microsoft team call on my pc, which uses wired connection from the adapter, however my tablet lost internet access as well as my phone even though they were both connected to it, which I was editing pdf file to upload.)

Another thing to note, I seprated 2.4 & 5 Ghz wifi bands when I was setting up the adapter (as some devices were not connecting to the adapter). When this problem happens 5ghz SSID stops transmitting usually. I can't see the 5gz SSID on any of the devices, while I can see 2.4ghz on the devices however I'm not able to connect to it.

3. I did change wireless settings, it had no effect. The problem persists.

4. Done that as well, no change.

Options
2020-04-13 00:56:09
Hello Confirmed the wireless network SSID has been changed to a unique SSID, and still devices cannot connect after about 4 days since changing. Android pixel 3a device can still "see" the network but produce *failed to connect" error. So it's not lack of internet or DHCP etc, it is lower level WiFi failure. Devices will connect perfectly again after full power cycle of the powerline WiFi adapter. Please advise if you have been able to replicate? Thanks
Options
2020-07-07 08:37:34

@Kevin_Z  Has there been any findings on this issue?  

For me it hasn't gone away.  Still no access point SSID showing after about 4 days, until power cycle. 

However I have recently been trying another workaround and I think it's working OK so far: 

Using the user interface I have scheduled the powerline adaptor wifi to disable itself during an unused time e.g. 2AM-3AM every day.  I think I have not seen a dropout since, though I want to run it for a week at least.  @Duality maybe you can try this too if you're still being affected?

Options
2020-07-09 10:11:03
I get this too. I set up Home Assistant to ping the WPA7510 every 30 seconds in order to monitor the failure. Since doing this I haven't had the issue, but prior to it, I saw it once every 2 or 3 days.
Options
2020-10-22 09:06:08

@onefortheroad 

Hi,

did anyone managed to find a solution for this issue? :(

Options
2020-10-22 10:26:29 - last edited 2020-10-22 10:27:06

@RicardoT 

Hello, now I only rarely get the wifi stack unavailable, with the fix I proposed above.  

Force disable the wifi at 2AM each day, ensuring the tickbox is cleared to force it to turn off.

It's a terrible workaround, and Tp-Link should release working firmware.  I don't understand how they haven't updated the firmware - perhaps the factory firmware didn't do this, and most customers haven't updated?

Here's a screenshot.

File:
Screenshot_20201022-112107.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3146

Replies: 19