RE200 - Access Point Mode - Won't operate when DHCP is disabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-26 17:47:42 - last edited 2020-03-31 11:09:00
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Setting up this device is one of 3 access points in my house.

One of the other devices is an Archer, and works just fine.

On all access points, I assign a static IP from my main router, and disable DHCP - so that all DHCP is served from the main router.

When I disable DHCP, the unit stops working and assigns a random IP address not within my configured range.

Is DHCP server on the RE200 mandatory when operating in Access Point mode?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 - Access Point Mode - Won't operate when DHCP is disabled
2020-03-31 11:07:04 - last edited 2020-03-31 11:09:00

@SHayes 

Hi, you can disable the DHCP server on RE200 when it works as an access point. But you need assign it a static IP address which is in the same subnet of the main router. 

The RE200 needs to connect to the main router by wired cable in AP mode.

Besides, the RE200 supports smart DHCP, with another DHCP server detected in the same network, it will disable DHCP server automatically, vice versa. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1860

Replies: 1

Related Articles