X60 (hotspot mode) very unstable

Thursday

I recently bought a X60 set and the total solution is very unrialable  

I recently bought a X60 set and the total solution is very unreliable. I did manage to setup the network and I am able to connect devices. Are a while the network is gone. When I checked the x60 devices the leds were flashing red and turned green again after a while. Any idea what the problem could be? There is no (readable) logging available so I don’t have a clue how to debug the situation.

I have 3 x60s and they are connected to my router in access point mode. 

Options
2 Replies
Re:X60 (hotspot mode) very unstable
Friday

@Heino76 

Hi, we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the current network diagram? What about the main Deco? Does it lose internet connection as well? 

2. When the Deco X60 flashes red, please connect your computer to the X60 by wired cable and click here to get the IP address and gateway. Try to ping the gateway of the main router. 

3. When Deco stops working, please connect your computer to the main router directly to verify whether you can access internet and check its IP address and gateway as well. 

4. Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the main router only and verify whether you have the same issue. 

5. Besides, you can change the current main router to bridge mode and use Deco X60 as the main router to give it a shot. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:X60 (hotspot mode) very unstable
Friday - last edited Friday

@Kevin_Z 

my modem is conntect to a switch that also acts as a DHCP server.

I have 3 z60 Deco devices. One at the ground Floor, the 1st Floor and the second floor.

the one at the ground Floor is the main deco. The deco on the ground and 2de Floor are wired and directly Connected to the router. The one on the First Floor is meashing.

the solution is in access point mode.

At leest the deco on the ground Floor and 1st Floor are flashing red heen I Loose connection. I expect also the one at the second Floor does the same.

this might sound strange bit I have the feeling the problemen start when I Connect my company laptop to the WiFi netwerk (ms surface laptop)

Options