Deco E4 - Xiaomi Redmi web browsing issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 21:01:35
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

My Deco E4 works fine with iPhone connected.  All web pages are loaded fine. But if I try internet browsing  in the same place with my Xiaomi redmi 6, some web pages can not be loaded. 

Any advice, pls?

Thank you lot for any advice!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4 - Xiaomi Redmi web browsing issues
2020-03-30 02:54:04

@PabloH 

Please give us some websites that cannot be loaded. Can you access internet with the Xiaomi cellphone? 

Try to change the DNS server of Deco E4 to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1855/

You can forget the network and reconnect to Deco's wifi. And have you ever set up parental control and added this Xiaomi mobile into the parental control device list?

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-30 09:10:12 - last edited 2020-03-30 09:14:55

@PabloH 

Hi Kevin, thank for your affort.

Xiaomi will connect to the Internet, the internet will work for a while, and after a while there will be problems loading pages - random pages.
Parental control is inactive.

I also contacted Czech TP-LINK support. They was told me, the problem is with deco incompatibility with that one xiaomi redmi 6 model.
Other xiaomi models - they say no problem.
Unfortunately, they did not tell if it is only deco E4 problem, or another deco models too.

I don´t want buy new cell phone, i will get deco back to store and I must buy some another device - maybe kenda nova.

Options
2020-04-06 06:42:59

@PabloH I'm also seeing some weird behaviour with e4 and Xiaomi MiMax 3. I haven't given it much attention, just dissabled WiFi and gone for 4G as I'm on a free data plan, but I will give it some more attention to see if there is a pattern.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1262

Replies: 3

Related Articles