RE450 V2 Ocassionally blinking red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 05:09:30 - last edited 2020-08-06 06:51:43
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2018

What does it mean when the range extender occasionally flashes red. It only flashes red once (easy to miss) but then is solid blue for some time, before flashing again.

I reset to factory settings and set up again. I updated the firmware. Still seeing the same problem.

Also, whe I walk with my device from my living room which is probably using the host network for internet, and into my bedroom to use the extended network, the internet fails. I have to reset lease and it works. Can you advise on what to do about that as well? 

Options
12 Reply
Re:RE450 V2 Ocassionally blinking red
2020-03-31 05:58:33

@am262327 

Red light means that the RE450 is experiencing poor signal strength. You can check the LED explanation below. 

Meanwhile, does it affect the actual performance of the RE450? Try relocating it closer to your router and ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Besides, you can change the wifi settings on the main router  to optimize the wifi performance. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-05-14 08:15:53

@Kevin_Z 

The table does not tell you what the issue is when it is FLASHING red occasionally - it indicates solid red, solid blue and flashing blue but mine in flashing blue and occaisonally red. Does this mean the signal is intermittent from the router and needs positioning closer to the router still?

Thanks

Options
2020-08-01 20:47:59

@am262327 

Hi 

We too have the same issue

RE 450 V2 is solid blue most of the time, but blkink red for few second every now and then ( 10 minutes or so) 

As this happen to other, that surely mean something. 

I too have read the table, and see there is no indication, but it must mean something. 

Our router is not very far, maybe  8 feet, upper floor, and this is the very best location we can get. We tried all outlets in the basement, and this is the very best (bluer) of all. 

So what do you suggest ? 

Could that be that the Re450 is defective, and should we return it for another while we can ? 

Options
2020-08-23 16:12:22

@am262327  We just got ours a few days ago and are having the same issue. Unit is brand new, less than a week old. We have noticed that it blinks the red light a few times a day for maybe a minute. Ours is located in an ideal position not far from the main router and works great. There doesn't seem to be any loss of connection from devices that use it when the red light flashes. 

Options
2020-08-23 17:58:10
Hi Kathy, I just got your answer today. It happen since we have the RE450. It never stay blue where ever it is. No connection drop, and (many reset) did nothing. Internet seem to get in (maybe slower) but is stable on the router an on the other floor. This is annoying. As they are just few day to return the item, a fast answer would be really appreciated
Options
2020-09-08 11:08:30

@Kathy_Z  So what you are saying is that you would rather have us return the product and buy something else? That's what it looks like to me. 

Options
2020-09-08 11:11:34

@daphne  Same here just bought it a few days ago and from time to time it will flash red and go back to blue. I have even had it in the same room as the router and it does it. Support does not seem to want to come up with a fix. I have seen one statement that suggested that more or less take it back. At least that is what I took it as. Maybe I will and check out Netgear.

Options
2020-09-08 13:45:32

@VHammer 

Not at all

I still have and use the RE450 V2

But as it seems that many more more people are having the same issue, maybe a positive answer about the red flashing issue would be useful?  At the very  least the meaning of it, which is not mentionned in the instructions.

Would'nt you think so? 

And would't it be possible to have the answer a little faster, if possible ?

Options
2020-09-08 13:46:41

@am262327 

Hi Lucy 

I still have and use the RE450 V2

But as it seems that many more more people are having the same issue, maybe a positive answer about the red flashing issue would be useful?  At the very  least the meaning of it, which is not mentionned in the instructions.

Would'nt you think so? 

And would't it be possible to have the answer a little faster, if possible ?

Options
2021-02-26 07:57:54

@am262327 

I realise this problem is quite dated now but I thought I would offer my experience with the red blinking light.

My light flashed red intermittently but quite often. The connection did not seem to be affected that much.

However I pulled the eithernet cable out and it went solid blue. Therefore for me it was an ethernet connection problem.

I then plugged it back in and no flashing red light..... weird.

Hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 18020

Replies: 14

Related Articles