Can't see separate 2GHz and 5GHz networks in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 18:31:35
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I only see the main network and the guest network. I don't see the two bands individually, nor can I choose which to connect my devices to. How do I even know what band my devices are using?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't see separate 2GHz and 5GHz networks in app
2020-03-30 02:30:48

@KeefyC 

The feature to turn on/off 2.4GHz/5GHz will be added via the firmware upgrading. It is hard to evaluate which wifi band you have connected considering they use the same SSID, but there are several methods we can tell. First, we can check the wireless channel used by the connected wifi and verify whether it is 2.4GHz and 5GHz, second, we can use the wireless negotiation speed, as well as the actual speed you can get. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-30 08:07:30

@Kevin_Z thanks for the reply, but hitting the update button tells me I am using the latest firmware. Other threads in this forum lead me to believe that people have been waiting for a firmware release with basic features like this since around June last year, and getting angrier all the while. This and the lack of WPS means i will probably return the P9 to Amazon  as it won't connect with my wireless printer. It's a shame as everything else was easy to set up. It's difficult to tell which TP-Link models have firmware that does support these features so I might have to go with a different brand completely.

Options
2020-03-31 02:02:26

@KeefyC 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here. We keep working on it and the release time of a firmware varies due to the test results. We will reach out to our RD team and push them forward. 

And for the lack of WPS for now, you can connect your wireless printer to the Deco's wifi by wireless password. And you can refer to the instruction below to get the differences between different models of Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2423/ 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-05-10 14:43:20

@Kevin_Z 

Is there a timetable for When WPS be available, seems strange to release the P9 for public consumption when it won't operate with 95% of the domestic printers? Thanks in advance! Allan

Options
2020-05-27 23:48:06

@AllanForsyth I tend to agree with you. Similar situation with Deco P9 and a Brother mfc printer. Did you ever get solution from TP Link?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1504

Replies: 5

Related Articles