Strange WiFi speed problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-30 06:11:32 - last edited 2020-03-30 06:49:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello All,

Last week a bought an M4 deco set(3 unit) to upgrade my WiFi. 2 of the 3 unit are connected wired, on is connected wireless. The 2 wired unit connect with the rouiter from the provider.

The problem I'm facing is the following:

When I use the Deco's as a Router I get my 250mbps but cannot reach wired device like my tv. on the WiFi. When I configured the Deco's as accesspoint the speed drop to max 60Mbps or lower and most of the time the deco's give an offline status(Red led) and are unreachable in the app.

What did I do wrong?

|Provider router|

|           |                    | 

Deco    Deco             Switch

Deco               |        |           | 

TV   NAS   Printer 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange WiFi speed problem
2020-03-31 01:45:37

@Jerwij 

Hello, what about the current operation mode of Deco?Is it wireless router mode or access point mode? 

What is the speed you can get from the Deco unit by wired cable and wireless respectively? 

What is the model number of the switch? Try to connect the main Deco to the provider router only and then connect your device to the main Deco to test the speed and stability. 

Besides, you can try to configure the provider router as the bridge mode and use Deco M4 as the main router to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Strange WiFi speed problem
2020-03-31 05:44:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, what about the current operation mode of Deco?Is it wireless router mode or access point mode? 
Current mode is "router mode" because that is the only mode where I have a fast and stable internet connection.

What is the speed you can get from the Deco unit by wired cable and wireless respectively? 

Wired +-250mbps Wiresles 247mbps.

Deco that is wireless gets 120mbps which is good enough.

What is the model number of the switch?

Profider router Ziggo Connectbox(Arris TG2492LG)

Switch TP-Link TL-SG108 (Works fine)

Try to connect the main Deco to the provider router only and then connect your device to the main Deco to test the speed and stability. 

Thats hard because the main deco stands in the living room and the switch and provider router isn't. I will try this soon

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 2

Related Articles